Notices

Boats for sale on OSO

Old 09-11-2015, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Boats for sale on OSO

I was going through the classifieds and noticed something that seems skewed. There is a 2008 Nortech 43V. Its red one with 700's. It looks like its clean, it certainly is loaded and only has like 130 hours on it. I think the asking price is $199K. There is also a 2008 Cigarette TG Unlimited. Its a beautiful boat, with 700's and all the stuff that makes a Cigarette so nice but more than twice the hours. The Nortech, which looks like a really plush boat (maybe not quite as fast), well built with really nice fit and finish is $199K, its also 4' longer. The TG is probably a little faster it does say "Cigarette" on the side- but $100K difference?

Am I missing something or is this a case of a very proud owner?

BTW, I'm not a buyer right now but if I were I'd say that both of these 7 year-old boats (very close to 8 years-old) are over-priced, no? Between the 2, the Nortech is my pick.
Old 09-11-2015, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Simple...There is Only "1".

On a serious note, it's called branding. In all of the ads you have seen, have you ever seen any boat ad titled "Nortech Style Boat" ? Bet you wish you had a dollar for every ad for a non-Cigarette boat ad titled "Cigarette Boat" etc.

...and when it comes time for resell, well your original post says it all.

Cheers,

Dave
Old 09-11-2015, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh BTW, hello neighbor! LoL is just down the road from me.

Cheers,

Dave
Old 09-11-2015, 01:05 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Just like anything else, the boats are worth what people are willing to pay. Popularity and demand drive the prices and market. Top Gun's are popular, more popular than a 43' Nortech.
Old 09-11-2015, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

Hi to my neighbors X2. Live in Dunedin FL. Boat out of Turtle Cove Marina in Tarpon Springs Florida.

Chris
Old 09-11-2015, 06:02 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Easy.....Cig values based on how many logos it has!

No brand is immune:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...rs-o63257.html

This boat didn't cost 169K NEW 4 years ago!
Old 09-11-2015, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tim mccray
Just like anything else, the boats are worth what people are willing to pay. Popularity and demand drive the prices and market. Top Gun's are popular, more popular than a 43' Nortech.
I get branding and marketing and reputation and popularity. $100K tariff for a smaller boat with more hours and equal quality just seems really tall to me. I mean we're not comparing Bayliner to Hatteras.
Old 09-11-2015, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 4,316 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Maybe his wife said the powerboat has to go and he was like ok honey I~ll get it on the market right away so you can get that 50' Searay with 2 bedrooms.Looks like he`ll be keeping it forever!
pretty smart
Old 09-11-2015, 08:20 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

Cigarettes probably have the highest resale value of any go fast style boat. That said, some boat owners are having a lend of themselves when they advertise at high prices. Some owners just want to sell their boats and ask very sensible prices. Some boats have a history that can effect price also. (good or bad).

I haven't searched the classifieds to find the two boats you've mentioned but it still boils down to the same thing in any sale..........A boat that suits the buyer and the two parties agreeing on a mutually acceptable deal.
Terms of settlement can make a big difference and an asking price may be very negotiable.

I don't concentrate on price, I look for the boat I want and then start at my low figure and negotiate from there. As soon as you make a genuine offer, you will find out if the seller is negotiable or not.

Find the right boat and see how you go on price, you may get a nice surprise but the worst case scenario, the vendor will say "No". Fair enough, it's his boat but don't be afraid to ask the question.

RR
Old 09-11-2015, 08:29 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

Please excuse my above post, I just re-read it and what a long winded explanation!! Here are the facts.....

Cigs are great boats with very high resale values.

Don't be too concerned with asking price, find the boat you like and make an offer.

If you can't negotiate a deal, move on and look at another boat. SIMPLE.

RR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.