Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Dr. Dave (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/33069-dr-dave.html)

Crazyhorse 09-16-2002 11:24 AM

Dr. Dave

Any chance my wife and I could take a look at your boat? Just looking at this point. But after riding in Mr Cig's 38 Saturday we've got Cigarette fever. We're about 45 miles north in Holland. Dave R.

DOCTOR DAVE 09-16-2002 01:54 PM

not a problem, just let me know when, i got a phone call from kaama this morning, we may run down to mich city saturday for lunch, depending on water conditions. you could ride along if you wish.

fred 09-16-2002 03:51 PM

Crazyhorse.......you thinking about getting into a go-fast?...Would you keep the Ray or?.....Fred

fred 09-16-2002 03:59 PM

Crazyhorse....I found a 35' Cig Mistress for sale in Saugatuck, its a 1983....weren't you looking for one of those?....Fred

Crazyhorse 09-16-2002 04:17 PM

Fred, the price would have to be REAL right for me to make a move now. I really don't want to be a 2-boat owner. But I'd be interested in just looking at it. Dr Dave, did KAAMA tell you that I have a video clip of your boat in South Haven? I shot it in around 1995 on a Labor Day weekend. I'll have to get your number from Mark. Thanks for the speedy reply. Dave

MrCIG 09-16-2002 04:20 PM

See Fred it just took 1 ride and we may have a Covert!!!!!

Dave, If your really serious look at DJD 38. It's been all redone with #3 drives.

Mark

Crazyhorse 09-16-2002 04:27 PM

I've thought about DJD's boat but I've got to find a distress sale boat to make it happen financially. Fred, I need to make a trip to St Johns to see the guy that sold me the Toronado transmission. The engine has either a bad head gasket or a cracked head (that's why the core plugs corroded so fast, exhaust in the cooling system). At any rate, I'm just going to drop another engine in it, the engine that was in front of the trans I bought.

MrCIG 09-16-2002 04:36 PM

Fred,
See Barb I gave her a couple pictures of your boat from Labor Day when we were up there.

Mark

Crazyhorse 09-16-2002 04:51 PM

Fred and Mr. Cig, I told Barb about DJD's boat and she wants pictures of it. And I saw his post about the offer he has pending on the Cigarette. He's getting down into my price range (well, not really, but I'd have that much into a distressed boat after the first year anyway). I'm going to reply to his post with some questions. Thanks.

MrCIG 09-16-2002 04:56 PM

Dave,
It's worth looking at. I saw it down in the Key's a few years back and it's in real nice shape. DJD is also a stand up guy. The boat is worth at least $70,000.

Mark

fred 09-16-2002 08:36 PM

Go for one Dave.....its just money...he..he....I'm sure there are some deals out there and with your talent one that needed engines freshened up or ???? it would not be a problem for you to rebuild....the mistress in Saugatuck was around 50k, check it out on boattrader.com, Mark I will have to get with Barb and Dave and get those pic's..Thanks....I think Dave is ready for a Cig.....after getting that one ride in your boat he is now hooked!! Can't say I blame him......Fred

32fever 09-16-2002 08:54 PM

Hey Crazy,
I can vouch that Doc Dave Cig is sweet. He sure knows how to make a boat run! And it sounds awesome, too. It's right up your alley! Two boats is the hot ticket if the "D" word doesn't get mentioned:D:D

Doc Dave's probably busy thinking about you possibly buying it and looking for a new Fountain right now. :D:D:D I'm gonna pay for that comment:)

Mark

Doug 09-17-2002 12:21 PM

Crazyhorse we have a 85 Mistress that we are thinking about selling. Looking for a GUN. I do mean everything in her has been rebuilt or replaced. 70.3 GPS New 540's. and borg warner 925's built by Huber. Kamma has been out in it and the Doctor rebuild one of the TRS drives. We are putting in Saturday at New Buffalo and meet everyone for lunch. Let me know. Doug

lifsvr7 10-05-2010 09:00 PM

Heya guys... Sorry to hi-jack but wanted to introduce myself, I am new to OSO, I have just gotten into a 84 Scarab III, with 496's Im working on some carb issues, and now I think I may have fried a tranny, I found fluid in the transom, and wasnt shifting into gear. I checked fluid, and none in res. Anyways I am about 30 mins south of Portage, IN.

PhantomChaos 10-05-2010 09:45 PM

Really?

jafo 10-05-2010 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by lifsvr7 (Post 3223955)
Heya guys... Sorry to hi-jack but wanted to introduce myself, I am new to OSO, I have just gotten into a 84 Scarab III, with 496's Im working on some carb issues, and now I think I may have fried a tranny, I found fluid in the transom, and wasnt shifting into gear. I checked fluid, and none in res. Anyways I am about 30 mins south of Portage, IN.

and you chose this eight year old thread to do this.... why?

lifsvr7 10-06-2010 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by jafo (Post 3224011)
and you chose this eight year old thread to do this.... why?

Oh crap. Lol. Didn't notice the date. Lol. Great search!! Oh well-