Shout out to Brett at BBLADES

Notices

Shout out to Brett at BBLADES

Old 08-05-2017, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Shout out to Brett at BBLADES

Well, the reputation is deserved.
Brettt has taken by boat to a new level by massaging my B1 28p props. Right where I want them for rpm, better mid range efficiency and speed, and to top of all this, a NEW top speed increase of 4mph!!! Was not the goal to get the top speed, but the package is awesome....it just works everywhere. It has been a struggle working with stock 26p...28p...and finally this 292 has reached an honest(two direction average of 69 mph). Cannot say enough about the work he has done....great job!
Old 08-05-2017, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

He built me a 28 Bravo last fall but I never got the chance to test it out.
I got that chance last Sunday.
I was running my OLD ( ran on the SCARAB for about 10 years ) Bravo 28 pitch that I had cut the bell off the back last year. 108 to 110 with half tanks any time. 112 with 1/4 tanks and best conditions. Both at 6100 RPM/
BUT it didn't get on plane well. 6000 RPM for 10 to 15 seconds. AND with the drive neutral it would blow out at any speed below about 30 and if I turned.
The new prop gets the boat on plane in 10 seconds at 5000 RPM and it will stay on plane at 25 MPH even if I turn.
I didn't get a chance to test top speed because I talked my wife into going along.
I did do a couple of full throttle bursts to 80 and it was hooked up solid.
Bret thinks I should gain at least 3 MPH. at 6400 RPM ( my design RPM )
I can't wait to take the boat out by myself.