Quality of Advantage Victory >

Quality of Advantage Victory

Notices

Quality of Advantage Victory

Old 09-23-2015, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quality of Advantage Victory

Looking for some opinions, what does everyone think about the 27 Advantage Victory. I have been looking at a few of them but don't know much about them. Are they a quality boat or do they have some known issues. I have also notice it does not look like they have changed much on these boats since at the mid to late 90s. How do they do in rough water?
Old 09-23-2015, 01:35 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I drove one of these for a few summers. I say drove because the boat wasn't mine, I just used it all the time. It was the mid-cabin, open bow version and had a windshield. Was a great boat to drive and handled well. Planned off well even when loaded with 9 people and coolers. The only issue I ever noticed on it was that the front cleats are in a weird position (too far forward) for tying up to other boat and the hinges on the engine hatch were always coming loose or pulling out. Other than that, there was lots of storage room and never another issue with the boat.
Old 09-23-2015, 02:08 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't say alot about the 27, but my 32 Victory handles rough water fine. I'm sure the 5 ft less may be a little less comfy. As for storage, my 32 has adequate but not lots! It's a closed bow and all the berth is used for is storage. Since I don't use the head (don't want to haul sh%% around), it is used for storage as well. Again, not knowing the 27, mine planes fast and runs very flat with little or no bow rise. The fit and finish is on par with most custom boat builds. Good luck!
Old 09-23-2015, 03:04 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 252 Posts

I had a 2000 model 27 and now have a 2005 model 28 Victory. The quality is very good and you get a lot of boat for the money. They are not the fastest or the flashiest, but they are built solid. No 27' boat rides good in the rough.
Old 09-23-2015, 03:06 PM
Registered

Friend has a 32 MCOB here in Ohio. Nice boat and handles well, cockpit layout is very nice and roomy. Build quality looks good. They've only had it for one season so I can't tell you long term results but so far they've only had a couple of very minor issues with motors. Can't blame Advantage for those though. Nice thing is it has plenty of room in the engine compartment to work on them.

Two things that stood out to me:
1. The "step hull" doesn't look to be a real step to me. It isn't very deep (like two finger depth) and only goes down the bottom of hull about a foot, maybe a little less. I can fit my whole fist in my Fountain steps, and they go all the way down the hull to meet the step on the other side. Not a big deal but it's something I noticed.
2. The cabin isn't closed off and so it fills up with water if you get caught in a rain shower. Boat doesn't have any drains/pumps up front. If you're looking at a enclosed cabin you shouldn't have that issue though.
Old 09-23-2015, 03:06 PM
Registered

Thank You all this is exactly the type of info I was looking for. it is the MCOB I have been looking at. Big Slow How does the ride compare to your Baja?
Old 09-23-2015, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 252 Posts

mine is a MCOB and has doors on the front and rear of the cabin. My 27 did as well. I do believe that they were an option though. After all, they are built and used mainly where it doesn't rain. I would bet that you can still get the doors from advantage as I don't think they have changed the hulls.
Old 09-23-2015, 03:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by snapmorgan
mine is a MCOB and has doors on the front and rear of the cabin. My 27 did as well. I do believe that they were an option though. After all, they are built and used mainly where it doesn't rain. I would bet that you can still get the doors from advantage as I don't think they have changed the hulls.
Theirs has the doors as well but they're just a flat plastic piece that slides out of the side pocket. They don't sit in a track that actually seals the cabin from water coming in. They just slide out of the pocket and hang and there is about a 1/4" gap from the bottom of door to the floor. I would actually consider it more of just a wind screen than an actual door. They do lock so I guess that is the only reason I would put them in the door category.

Water has also filled up their seat storage up in the bow with no way to get it out other than bailing it out with a cup/wet vac.
Old 09-23-2015, 03:36 PM
Charter Member #737
Charter Member

Received 73 Likes on 41 Posts

Quality is good. The 22 degree dead rise is not good for a rough water boat.
Old 09-23-2015, 03:43 PM
Registered

KCHOTBOAT aside from the holiday weekends how do you think it would do at the LOTOs I plan on taking it there and the river.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.