Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Domination and Attrition at SBI Clearwater National Championships >

Domination and Attrition at SBI Clearwater National Championships

Notices

Domination and Attrition at SBI Clearwater National Championships

Old 10-04-2015, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To institute claiming you would need to get a price that makes sense and then add a Administration fee for the sanction body to cover the additional procedures/cost.
Steve
Old 10-05-2015, 06:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think we should have video cameras in the boats so we can see who drives and throttles and who just sits there and pays the bills.
Old 10-06-2015, 05:41 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Last edited by klaatutooyou; 10-06-2015 at 05:45 AM.
Old 10-06-2015, 05:44 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

unless there is a hotfoot installed ,that might not show in video while racing .
Old 01-07-2016, 09:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Extras" has a great idea.
Originally Posted by Bullhead
I am going out on a limb here and say that a team other than the SMB Outerlimits will take home the title this year.....I know that Doc and Brian were not too thrilled with having to add weight and lower drive height last year all in the spirit of "parity"....and even with the restrictions and the team prevailing last year, the concept of singling out a team and penalizing them for success is a tough pill to swallow....
The Doc.s Fountain was wider, taller and heavier than any boat in the fleet. However, the boat would put 10-20 seconds on the rest of the class- In the first lap! Then they would simply maintain that lead the rest of the race. The usual response of a "better throttleman" doesn't hold water. When the Fountain was sold, it curiously ran a speed more realistic of the boat. Enter the new Outerlimits. A beautiful boat by all respects, but also shows the same "magic speed" all while dragging both trim tabs like flaps on a 767 on final approach.
The Doctor and his driver/throttleman made their own bed. Let them go cry in their own pillows.