I finally got my first boat >

I finally got my first boat

Notices

I finally got my first boat

Old 10-06-2015, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I finally got my first boat

After a long search I found her 1995 272 Islander original owner with 189 hours 454 Brovo 3 all stock. it was an old man that was getting out of boating in fact on our test drive he got a little angry with me because I pushed it to around 40 45 mph and he told me he has never had it that fast I think it had 10mph left in it. I could not be more excited. She was perfect for about a day, now I have a list of things I want to do, nothing to crazy I hope that you all will be a good resource for me. the first thing and IMO the most pressing is it does not have a depth finder. I need some advice on a nice kit I can buy I would like it to have an alarm on it also. The second it the trim it’s not on the throttle its on the dash what are my options to correct that as well. To me these are both almost safety issues. Once I have money again I would like to install captain’s choice, better carb and air filter. Still trying to figure out how to post pics. I tried to attach and it would not let me.
Old 10-06-2015, 12:58 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Congrats on your new boat, post some pics.....
Old 10-06-2015, 01:10 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

Congrats on your purchase!! Wentzville, home of etrailer.com.
Old 10-06-2015, 01:13 PM
Registered

I was trying earlier it only thing I was seeing to add a pic was in the tool bar they provide asking for a web link, lets see if this works if it does I will post more

Old 10-06-2015, 01:16 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

Two ways to post pics. Use a paying membership here, or use a hosting site, like photobucket or others.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Post pics of your throttle. Try Faria Depth Gauge in a google search.
Registered
Platinum Member

One of the two best days of your life........................congrats, have fun with her.
Old 10-06-2015, 01:17 PM
Registered

Yes that and much more fun is also the home of MTI boats. you get to see some incredible boats roll out of there.
Old 10-06-2015, 01:30 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by nbishop
After a long search I found her 1995 272 Islander original owner with 189 hours 454 Brovo 3 all stock. it was an old man that was getting out of boating in fact on our test drive he got a little angry with me because I pushed it to around 40 45 mph and he told me he has never had it that fast I think it had 10mph left in it. I could not be more excited. She was perfect for about a day, now I have a list of things I want to do, nothing to crazy I hope that you all will be a good resource for me. the first thing and IMO the most pressing is it does not have a depth finder. I need some advice on a nice kit I can buy I would like it to have an alarm on it also. The second it the trim it’s not on the throttle its on the dash what are my options to correct that as well. To me these are both almost safety issues. Once I have money again I would like to install captain’s choice, better carb and air filter. Still trying to figure out how to post pics. I tried to attach and it would not let me.
congratulations and have fun
Old 10-06-2015, 01:33 PM
Registered

so how do I post pictures

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.