Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Living in Havasu? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/33187-living-havasu.html)

Mrgoodwrench 09-17-2002 06:05 PM

Living in Havasu?

Anyone on the board live in Havavsu? I am building a house there and am thinking of moving. Anyone know anything about the Chevy dealership there?

thisistank 09-17-2002 06:14 PM

You know how the saying goes....."Nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there!"

Just to set the record straight, I absolutely love that place! However I'd keep the house to a vacation type situation. Heres the problems:

It's frickin HOT in the summer out there!!

All the partiers non stop for 7 months. That would get old dealing with all the dirt bags!

Then in the winter, it's snow bird time...Now you have to deal with all the blue hairs that don't know how to drive and are 99% of the time seriously grumpy.

Let's see what is there to do out there...ummmm,
summer: boating, partying, naked girls, sex, drunkedness, Kokomos.

Winter: Absolutely NOTHING!!!

Just my 02 cents. good luck.

Tank

Uncle Toys 09-17-2002 07:08 PM

Tank's pretty right on, except in the winter there is a large amount of off-roading. Buggies, rails, jeeps, quads, bikes, what-have-you.

Awesome place to visit, couldn't imagine living there. Nothing close by. Closest is Vegas and that's two hours away. Not any real golf courses.

tanned fat looks better 09-17-2002 07:15 PM

I'm sure Nort will back me on this......it's not like LOTO. There is no ice fishing or sleding or ice skating or choping firewood and you wouldn't need winterizing your boat. Just keep it a vacation spot.

Havasu Cig 09-17-2002 07:18 PM

I would say try it out as a vacation house first before you decide to move. We own a house there and thought we would move there someday as well, but I think it will just be a vacation spot for us.

My uncle bought a house out there and moved there, and after the summer heat his wife could not stand it. They are keeping the house as a vacation house, but they are relocating back to So.Cal.

I do know some people that have moved there and love it though so you just have to see how you like it. Owning a house there will give you a better perspective then just visiting and staying in the hotels.

Mrgoodwrench 09-17-2002 07:23 PM

Well here is what I am thinking. I have an oppourtunityto mover there, have a nice new house and be close to what I enjoy. I am 27 years old, divorce will be final in 4 months, and the traffic in Orange County is getting outa control. I am looking for a change but am still not sure??

Havasu Cig 09-17-2002 08:01 PM

You have to think about $$$ as well. I don't know what you do for a living, but everybody I have talked to that has moved there from So.Cal. said they have taken a substantial pay cut. On the other hand the cost of living is not as much either. My advice would still be to keep your options open in case you don't like it.