Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Szolack’s New Skater 40 SS Tested—And Sold (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/331898-szolack%92s-new-skater-40-ss-tested%97-sold.html)

Matt Trulio 10-24-2015 11:46 AM

Szolack’s New Skater 40 SS Tested—And Sold

At least Ron Szolack got to drive his latest new boat before he sold it, http://speedonthewater.com/new-boats...ested-and-sold

302Sport 10-24-2015 12:34 PM

There's a couple of guys in the performance boat world that are buying new boats and always seem to be buying trade ins from various manufactures, running them for short periods of time and then selling them. Can someone please explain the financial structuring of these deals? I know most of the guys like Szolack have the money to dabble with this stuff, but I don't care how much money you have, nobody would just keep moving boats and doing these deals if they were loosing their a$$.

baja27 10-24-2015 12:54 PM

If they kept cutting down these boats pretty soon there won't be anything left

cheech 10-24-2015 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by 302Sport (Post 4369331)
There's a couple of guys in the performance boat world that are buying new boats and always seem to be buying trade ins from various manufactures, running them for short periods of time and then selling them. Can someone please explain the financial structuring of these deals? I know most of the guys like Szolack have the money to dabble with this stuff, but I don't care how much money you have, nobody would just keep moving boats and doing these deals if they were loosing their a$$.

My only assumption would be that they have the cash to front the build, then a guy that needs financed is ahead because he has a completed piece of collateral. So in turn it's easier for them to obtain financing. And I assume he has to be making a little on the deal. I am with you nobody throws money away that easily. Well I guess it depends on who is building the boat, or claims to be :party-smiley-004:

302Sport 10-24-2015 01:11 PM

I know that it's common for guys to start the build process and have somebody step in who buys the boat because they want it right then. But, I guess what I am asking is are these people who are building a couple of boats a year basically getting the boat at cost just to get more inventory out there and push more boats out the door??

Nykamp 10-24-2015 02:54 PM

Looks like they launched in Holland , great looking Skater!!

Griff 10-24-2015 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by 302Sport (Post 4369338)
I know that it's common for guys to start the build process and have somebody step in who buys the boat because they want it right then. But, I guess what I am asking is are these people who are building a couple of boats a year basically getting the boat at cost just to get more inventory out there and push more boats out the door??

Its no different than regular dealer having a spec boat built. PBC has done it with Outerlimits and Cigs.

Comanche3Six 10-24-2015 03:09 PM

That's a beauty! Congratulations and best wishes to the new owner.

johnmiffco 10-24-2015 03:22 PM

these boats take a long time to build from the initial deposit to it floating
this is done in lots of other markets,,,,
planes,helicopters,cars,ect
of anything with long build times and pre sales of a limited quanity
as there is always some1 not wanting to wait for new build
and btw......... beautiful boat

flight club 10-24-2015 05:23 PM

You can always sell any product, no matter what it is, faster if it's in front of the customer. They can see it. touch it. drive it. And don't have to wait a year to get it. And ALL manufactures of Any product will give you a better deal if you buy in quantity. Look at Sam's Club or Costco. :)