What an awesome day!!! (long) >

What an awesome day!!! (long)

Notices

What an awesome day!!! (long)

Old 09-21-2002, 07:00 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up What an awesome day!!! (long)

What an awesome ride today. I headed to the lake at around 2 pm with the prop that I just had reworked by DAH/ProPellers in Burlington WI. This is the same prop that I had labbed by York propeller in CA. When I got it back from York this spring I had lost over 5 mph top speed from what it ran when it was stock. I called John (at York) and he said he couldn't believe that it lost speed and he had "never" seen this happen. I asked him to redo it and he said NO. So here I am with a useless prop. I went out and bought another 26" Bravo 1 to use. Then I hit bottom a month ago. Now enter DAH/ PROPeller. I make the drive to Burlington (just south of Milwaukee) on a sat. and John (of DAH) then spent 1.5 hrs talking to me and educating me on props. I brought the York labbed prop with just for yucks and as soon as I pulled it out of the box he says "Wow, nice looking prop but I bet it has no speed and you can break it loose at the top end". He was absolutely correct!!! I told him about the York fiasco and he says follow me into the shop and I'll give you your speed and then some back. He heated the trailing edges of the blades and gently put some "cup" in them. He said cup is like a cat's claw. It's what holds the water. Too much is slow and not enough is to loose.

All I can say is WOW!!! My boat has never gone this fast!! I ran on GPS today 74.7 at 5000 rpm. Highest before that with a stock prop was 72.3. I still need to lower the fuel level and go out when it is a little colder so the supercharger will really scream. Today it was low humidity and around 75 degrees.

I highly recommend DAH/PROPellers. He really knows his stuff and I have the proof.

His number is 262-534-4440.

My goal when I supercharged my boat was 75 mph and I'm almost there!!!

Thanks for reading if you made it this far!!

Dave

P.S. My boat is a 95 Baja 24 Outlaw with a bone stock 454 with a Whipplecharger on it a 6 psi boost.

OH Yeah, If you haven't figured it out I highly advise against anyone getting their props done by York in Ca.
Old 09-21-2002, 07:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had an awesome day too, after i got off work at the restaurant, i walked out and saw none other than.... Scott Boldts, he has a Donzi 22 classic www.mwdonziclub.com mid west donzi clubs site. i got to go for a ride. wow. what a day!!! first time really above 50 in a boat for me, (65ish) and now i am hooked.