Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone else have this problem with F-350? >

Anyone else have this problem with F-350?

Notices

Anyone else have this problem with F-350?

Old 09-17-2002, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Anyone else have this problem with F-350?

I have a 2002 F-350 4x4 diesel. Today I pulled my Top Gun out of the water at the same boat ramp I always use. Here is the problem, when I started to pull the boat up the ramp I got about half way up and the truck would not go any further. It was in 4 wheel drive low, I had it floored and it just would not move, so I backed down the ramp a few feet and the truck stalled(automatic transmission) got it started and tried again this time it pulled it up just like normal. Now when I put it in reverse(no trailer hooked up) it sounds like the engine boggs down and then starts to surge or lunge for just a few seconds. Any ideas?
Old 09-17-2002, 07:57 PM
Registered

I have the same truck and have not had any problems. I would take it to Ford and let them figure it out.
Old 09-17-2002, 08:00 PM
Registered

That sounds like maybe a converter lock out problem. AudioFn has the same truck as you and he is having tranny problems. I think it is the electric lock up on the torque converter. Go see John at hydro thunder tell him I said you can use his Dodge , Mark
Old 09-17-2002, 08:44 PM
Registered

I have a 2001 F350 Turbo "D" and have had no probs at al. And I have been on some steep ramps! Always try to pull out in 4 Low tho with a heavy boat. Wardey
Old 09-17-2002, 09:34 PM
Registered

I've got a 2000 F350 DWR 4DR 4X4 and have had no problems like you are describing. It sounds like you may be having an injection problem. Regardless what it is, I would take it back to Ford for a look see. I had a rather embarassing incident over the weekend (I'll post details later) where I had the truck in 4 wheel low and it was spinning all 6 wheels (limited slips front and rear).

If your truck stalled on the ramp in 4 wheel low and would not spin the tires, something is not as it should be.
Old 09-17-2002, 09:42 PM
cast

Default f 350 d 4x4

drain fuel filter under hood and re place it at 8000 miles when motor is cold it will have no power . let it warm up

Old 09-17-2002, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same truck, No problems in drivetrain yet. I did have to put a new turbo on under warranty at 98,000 mi.

Good luck
Old 09-17-2002, 10:04 PM
Registered

Thanks everyone for the advice, I will take it back to Ford and let everyone know what they find.

Mark, I'll tell John what you said. I just saw him on Sunday,he took some pictures of my boat to use on his web site. He and his girl friend seem like really nice people.

Jay, Thanks I will check the filter, as far as the engine being warm the truck had just been driven about 5 miles to the ramp, so I don't think that was the problem.

Thanks again
Old 09-17-2002, 10:16 PM
Tejas Raz

Go over to www.ford-diesel.com. They have a nice board like ours where you can get all kinds of advice. Look all over the site. I found some local experts and a club in my area. Great info.

Scott

Old 09-17-2002, 10:52 PM
Registered

damn bro...i'm at home right now and i'm not sure what clutches and bands are on and off in that state...i will check for you in the am...my bet is it's not the converter....hummm,,,i don't think that trany got the mecanical diaode in it....i have a few things to look up in the am for ya! but it's under warranty right!??

Quick Reply: Anyone else have this problem with F-350?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.