Going to Key West for the first time! Anything I should know/ do >

Going to Key West for the first time! Anything I should know/ do

Like Tree45Likes

Going to Key West for the first time! Anything I should know/ do

Old 11-04-2015, 11:37 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Originally Posted by FunHome View Post
Rent a scooter... Its the only way to get around.

As many times as i have been down there i have always searched for the best way to get around. Only prob i had with a scooter is most every night i was in no shape to drive it and had to get a cab, then get cab again to drive around and try and find the damn thing who knows where in a sea of nearly incidental scooters then upon finding it there was the ticket for leaving it in the first place lol . . . no . . . dont get a scooter its way cheaper to just cab it wherever your going. ( a little trick with the ticket . . . just put it on the scooter next to yours. Maybe they will pay it lol, wither way i have never paid one and have never had one come back on me}

In Key West they have a very highly honed system of extracting every last dollar you came with so ya might as well spend bigger chunks and make it easier on yourself. Oddly enough the best we ever did was pay the long dollar and stay right off Duval maybe a block from Ricks. Had a bar in the room and because of their open container policy it was easier to just pop back to the room for a fill up. Saved like a grand that year lol.

funny story about the scooter i rented that one time. When i turned it in the check in kid said there was a new mark on the fender that was not on the check out sheet. I looked at it and, even though the thing was beat in the first place, there appeared to be a mark that was not on the sheet. My response was no prob just do what ever ya do or charge me whatever you think is appropriate and lets get 'er done i got a plane to catch. He goes gets his supervisor who looks at it and again my response was " I cant say i remember scratching it but it is certainly possible, no biggie do whatever you guys normally do". He goes back in office with check in kid and kid comes out then tears up the check in sheet and tells me i was the first one in history to not jump down his throat for saying they damaged their scooter. Shook my hand and said have a nice flight lol . . . true story

You can get pit passes right at the gate
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 11-04-2015, 11:45 AM
mmb
Registered

Friday Night be on Duval around 6pm for the boat parade then be prepared to drink till around 4am!! Saturday everyone goes to the island but Im not sure that is going to happen this year due to problems from last year. IF you want to watch the races, the seawall from the pits is the best place unless your condo overlooks the race course!
Old 11-04-2015, 11:59 AM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Pay your credit cards before you go, and bring plenty of cash
Old 11-04-2015, 12:07 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36 View Post
Pay your credit cards before you go, and bring plenty of cash
And, as my girlfriend constantly reminds me, bail money. For HER !!
Old 11-04-2015, 01:16 PM
CLA
Registered

My guy is driving my truck down from Miami with my golf cart. Any special rules if you bring your own cart?
Old 11-04-2015, 01:49 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

I usually just get one ticket, and put it on my scooter each time I park.

I like Dave's idea. From now on, I'm just going to take someone else's ticket, and put it on my scooter.
Old 11-04-2015, 02:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by CLA View Post
My guy is driving my truck down from Miami with my golf cart. Any special rules if you bring your own cart?
Resist the temptation to drive it into Tree Bar/Dirty Harry's.... It's hilarious until they cuff you and put you in the back of the squad car, then not so funny.
Old 11-04-2015, 02:11 PM
Registered

Start resting your liver as of yesterday and bring 2 extras. Don't sleep with someone else's g/f-wife
Old 11-04-2015, 05:56 PM
bwd
Registered

Keep a business card in your breast pocket . (a) So they know where to ship the body after being poisoned with alcohol or whatever, (b) so when you do go horizontal and your wallet gets lifted , back to rule a.
Old 11-04-2015, 06:07 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Big Time View Post
Resist the temptation to drive it into Tree Bar/Dirty Harry's.... It's hilarious until they cuff you and put you in the back of the squad car, then not so funny.
yes and along the same lines do not ride three on a scooter (the middle one was a chick) this has nearly the same results
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser