Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Qatar going out of business sale >

Qatar going out of business sale

Notices

Qatar going out of business sale

Old 11-08-2015, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the powers to be keep a much closer eye then you might think, you're talking about multi millions of dollars. They didn't spend 15/20 million dollars in the last for 5 years just a to through in the wind. If that was that goal the wind would have blown it away just the same.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=Xtremeracing;4373836]I think the powers to be keep a much closer eye then you might think, you're talking about multi millions of dollars. They didn't spend 15/20 million dollars in the last for 5 years just a to through in the wind. If that was that goal the wind would have blown it away just the same.[/QUO

not so sure about that. 15 million is pocket change for these people and when i say pocket change, that's what i'm talking about
Old 11-08-2015, 10:28 AM
Registered

Received 291 Likes on 138 Posts

[QUOTE=cig92;4373839]
Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
I think the powers to be keep a much closer eye then you might think, you're talking about multi millions of dollars. They didn't spend 15/20 million dollars in the last for 5 years just a to through in the wind. If that was that goal the wind would have blown it away just the same.[/QUO

not so sure about that. 15 million is pocket change for these people and when i say pocket change, that's what i'm talking about
I agree, I know of people that spend over $10M a year for upkeep on the their private jet fleets and to them, money wise it is equivalent to most people getting new tires and an oil change for their cars.

Doing simple math shows you how little this money means to people that have a ton of it. For example, the richest guy in Connecticut, Ray Dalio, made $4 billion last year and is worth about $16 billion. If you break that down, he makes about $75 million a week, $15 million a day, or $2M an hour.

So in perspective, a new Mystic with a full race support setup is about an hours pay. So, to these guys it is the equivalent of most people buying a 30 pack of bud light.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
Naturally tourism they would like to bring as many visitors as they can to the country they are not building all those high-rise mausoleum for no reason. Tourism turns into revenue.

What do you think the goal was for the Qatar Cup,
Qatar cup was 100% ego....Essentially having the race in their own backyard

Tourism......hmmm kids do you want to go to Disney World or Qatar this summer?
Old 11-08-2015, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
An unusual chapter in offshore racing is closed, http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...ssets-for-sale.

A little more detail.
their 38 TG can't have many hours on it but whew it needs new paint/interior (Burgundy/gold)
Old 11-08-2015, 11:02 AM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 447 Posts

Did the Outerlimits cat even hit the water in a race?
Old 11-08-2015, 11:20 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this the same Family that pulled out of NHRA Drag Racing this year? They may have overspent in all forms of motorsports.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...105-story.html
Old 11-08-2015, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 82 Likes on 34 Posts

They might be very wealthy, but that doesn't make them good business people, its all inherited wealth. All the middle east oil wealthy countries are scrambling to create new avenues of revenue. They know oil won't keep them wealthy in the long run. Most are trying the tourism route. Hence the world cup soccer, etc. Their problem is they treat women as second class citizens. Even western visitor women. Their investments to drive tourism have failed and that's why they are pulling out. They are not good business people, because all they have to do is elevate women to the same status as Men. Tourism would thrive.
Old 11-08-2015, 01:45 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,730 Likes on 1,225 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
their 38 TG can't have many hours on it but whew it needs new paint/interior (Burgundy/gold)
Yeah, that is a rather... specific ... paint
job.
Old 11-08-2015, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dont see the Superboat listed anyone know if it sold ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.