Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   scoop on day 2 racing issues? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/332430-scoop-day-2-racing-issues.html)

TYPHOON 11-13-2015 03:51 PM

scoop on day 2 racing issues?

What happened to who that put them out of the race today. Most of the unlimited fleet out and several super cats
Geico,Twisted metal, Sailor Jerry, Sthill, ect.

fastdonzi 11-13-2015 07:01 PM

Lol.... From now on I will Not Inquire "How Fast" a Superboat is But "How Far" Can It Go???? That Class of Boats is A JOKE.... I Heard on the broadcast today the Motors were $100K each.... Lol...... Now my ribs are starting to hurt....... Bwahaha

extras 11-13-2015 07:15 PM

The Superboat class is my favorite class. They are far from a joke.

compedgemarine 11-13-2015 07:18 PM

I was involved for many years in offshore racing and back then we had to run 120-140 miles on a course that ran out to the lighthouse and up the coast and back in. these days the boats cant make it 50 miles on a course that is barely bigger than what the hydro's run. this is not offshore racing. sorry to say that and no disrespect to those out there but so far the only race is who makes it back to the crane first.

precisiondetails 11-13-2015 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by extras (Post 4375696)
The Superboat class is my favorite class. They are far from a joke.

I believe he meant the Super Boat unlimited class.

Super Boat normally gets most of the boats to the finish

phragle 11-13-2015 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by compedgemarine (Post 4375697)
I was involved for many years in offshore racing and back then we had to run 120-140 miles on a course that ran out to the lighthouse and up the coast and back in. these days the boats cant make it 50 miles on a course that is barely bigger than what the hydro's run. this is not offshore racing. sorry to say that and no disrespect to those out there but so far the only race is who makes it back to the crane first.

Thats the problem...todays course are milling circles with a start finish line...by the third lap everyone in the boats have become so dizzy they start running into each other.

compedgemarine 11-13-2015 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by phragle (Post 4375701)
Thats the problem...todays course are milling circles with a start finish line...by the third lap everyone in the boats have become so dizzy they start running into each other.

now thats funny no matter who you are!

precisiondetails 11-13-2015 07:37 PM

I believe the shorter courses was done to help the spectating aspect

phragle 11-13-2015 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by precisiondetails (Post 4375704)

Mickey Thompson did that with desert racing... It was entertaining watching the fiberglass fly. But no matter how you slice it 7 minutes in a stadium is not the baja 1000. Hell its not even to the first pit stop in the baja 1000.

compedgemarine 11-13-2015 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by precisiondetails (Post 4375704)

maybe but it is like running the Baja 1000 in the home depot parking lot.