VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Beavboats...
Old 11-16-2015, 09:28 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

Powerboat listings is a good source of research for different boats and engines, lots of photos to help with info on layouts and colors. Their listing are terribly out of date.

I just clicked on Fountain (only because that's what I own) and sorted by 'boat added'. It gave me a whopping 439 listings on 15 pages. Only 75 listings (3 pages) are less than 6 months old! Any listing more than 6 months old really is out of date. 364 out of 439 listings are out of date.

I'm sure the ratios are similar for other boats but if they removed all the old listings, there wouldn't be a lot left and some categories would disappear altogether.

Just my observations, I don't want to look like I'm bashing the site because I quite like to browse regularly even though I'm not a buyer at the moment. It's well laid out and very user friendly.

RR

Last edited by rak rua; 11-16-2015 at 09:48 PM.
Old 11-16-2015, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
Just stick to the top listings. Newest ad is always on top.

That's how I read them, after a couple I check the dates to make sure they are current
Old 11-16-2015, 09:37 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by rak rua
Powerboat listings is a good source of research for different boats and engines, lots of photos to help with info on layouts and colors. Their listing are terribly out of date.

I just clicked on Fountain (only because that's what I own) and sorted by 'boat added'. It gave me a whopping 439 listings on 15 pages. Only 75 (3 pages) are less than 6 months old! Any listing more than 6 months old really is out of date. 364 out of 439 listings are out of date.

I'm sure the ratios are similar for other boats but if they removed all the old listings, there wouldn't be a lot left and some categories would disappear altogether.

Just my observations, I don't want to look like I'm bashing the site because I quite like to browse regularly even though I'm not a buyer at the moment. It's well laid out and very user friendly.

RR

What sucks is if you forget your password (like me) no one wants to reset or write you back from the site....so the ads sit. I would love to take mine down and set numerous emails to them so I can log on and delete it but nothing from them
Old 11-17-2015, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by formula1
What you all rate as the, say, top three to five places to look for a power boat for sale? There seems to be a million different listing sites nowadays. I want to make sure I cover as many bases as I can in my quest for another boat. I know Boat Trader used to be the biggest.
I have used www.yachtworld.com in the past.
Old 11-17-2015, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Biff
I have used www.yachtworld.com in the past.
But has to be listed by a broker, no private adds
Old 11-17-2015, 09:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Beachbum28
There are lots of boats LOTO, I would try Ed at Lake Ozark Marine. Even if a boat is not listed on his web site, he may know of someone thinking abut upgrading what they currently have.
Thanks if you let me know what your looking for I can keep an eye out for it if we don't have one.

We use:
OSO
Powerboat Listings
Boat Trader
LOM site
MWBP site
River Dave's
Power Boat Swap Shop - FB
Ebay
Boat Crazy

Good luck on the search!
Old 11-18-2015, 04:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the great replies! eddie, I'll be checking out your site soon!