Notices

Challenger Boats

Old 09-18-2002, 04:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Challenger Boats

Any opinions on these offshore boats? The website is cool. Seems they bought up alot of Mariah's molds to add to their own. 94ft megayacht too. Talk about covering the various markets!

http://www.challengeroffshore.com/
Old 09-18-2002, 04:52 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Weird ... the boat on the Home Page looks like an Arronow/Magic Vodoo and it is not one of the boats listed in the product line
Old 09-19-2002, 04:04 PM
Registered

These guys claim that Don Aronow had something to do with some of their hulls.
Old 09-19-2002, 05:20 PM
FRANKIEFRANKIE

Default Challanger

I know one thing about them, I rode in their 33' DDC with twin 425's Mercursiers with blackhawk drives, it ran gps 86MPH. However, the drives did not hold up so now, I have one on order with Pulse Drives. The trimmable surface drives with the five year warranty.

Old 09-19-2002, 05:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Frankie
Smart Move ! Also Pulse has a Housing/Cover so you do not need to add anything else, like an expensive dive platform to keep people from being “Blended” That and In House Propellers make it very attractive!
Old 09-19-2002, 05:39 PM
BJM
Registered

Team Deranged runs a 28 in P-4 in APBA. Daytona was the first race for this boat and it almost sank on the first lap. They just received a new boat that they brought to Texas and had mechanical problems. During the parade lap in Daytona they were right next to us and the boat looked very good running in the big water of Daytona. The boat started to fall apart on the first lap and they had to high tail it back to the ramp. There new boat is suppose to be built much better, we shall see. You can see a picture of there newboat on their web site.
Old 09-19-2002, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those are built from the Aronow Powerboats molds...I believe there was a 34, a 39 and a 47 foot model. A couple of the molds ended up at Magic/Sleekcraft and I think someone built the 47(or 45) as a Pantera...from there, I have no idea...
Old 09-19-2002, 09:29 PM
Registered

FRANKIEFRANKIE, Why am I not surprised about you using the pulse drive?, lol . I know that I would trade the bravos on my 33 in a hot minute for the pulses. I am currently the only 33 owner with a B1 and so I have done alot of testing with this set up and from what I can tell the surface drive would work great on this hull. Go figure.
Challenger Offshore owns or has the leases on several Aronow hulls the 39 which was the old Magic voodoo, and the 42 which was on a thread earlier.
The 26.28 and 33 are Harry Schoell ddc designed hulls.
The 24 and the 30 are old Challenger boatworks hulls. (very much like aronow hulls).
Several of the Mariah molds have been aquired by Challenger Offshore and production has been started on those.
The story goes on with the cruiser line but, I dont do cruisers yet. lol.
Any other questions let me know and I may know the answer.
I am not an employee but I have followed the company for some time. Later Dwight
Old 09-19-2002, 10:49 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the dc 26 is the same mold as my larson 25 senza without the larson name stamped in the back and minus the litte windows
Attached Thumbnails Challenger Boats-boat-trailer4.jpg  
Old 09-20-2002, 11:22 AM
Registered

Cool

BJ is right we did almost sink in Daytona... But in all fairness to Challenger Offshore, the boat the we raced in Daytona was an off the shelf "not" for racing built boat. Since Daytona, George Jr. and I went to Challenger and hand built us a new 28' "RACE BOAT" and this thing is strong. Challanger builds a great boat and George and I did run into some mechanical problems in Corpus, of our own issues. (fuel pump belt to be exact.) In extensive test since and continuing, Jr. and I really like the boat. It's fast and does handle the big water. We will be in the Bahamas and we are looking forward to closing out a second High Points Championship, and then to Key West... Anyway, feel free to contact me with any questions about Challenger or our race boat.

Thanks, Ben

Quick Reply: Challenger Boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.