Notices

Corsa Boat

Old 12-06-2015, 05:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corsa Boat

hello everyone, grate to be a new member to your sight. I have enjoyed boating for many years. for ether pleasure or racing. I was a member of yankee power boat back in the day. but these days I am looking to purchase a larger vessel. A forty ft 1984 Corsa.
Corsa boats as everyone knows was a Florida built boat. This boat,,,, is a sport cruising hull, but has a self bailing rear deck and mid 454 cruisaders with screw and rutter. the boats last owner had the boat in the water in Connecticut and it would be grate to speak with him, but any general info about the hull and if anyone feels that the boat was manufactured having the mid engines with screw and rutter and rear self bail, or do you guys feel it would of been a convertion to the hull.

thankyou from new member........ looking to start a new project boat.
Old 12-06-2015, 05:53 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...questions.html
Old 12-06-2015, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

No matter the condition of the equipment on the hull, a hull from that era will last several decades.. they were all thick glass. Maybe some stringers or motor mounts need replacing but the hull is good to go...
Old 12-06-2015, 08:05 PM
Registered

Default Corsa

Originally Posted by fastdonzi
No matter the condition of the equipment on the hull, a hull from that era will last several decades.. they were all thick glass. Maybe some stringers or motor mounts need replacing but the hull is good to go...
The boat to me has a nice Go Fast Boat look to it with cruising ability, haveing the screw and rutter.... I am seeking a sea trial but will have it on the hard for restore before I splash it my self. lots of info on line about Corsa and racing back in the day ( Copper Keddle, and others) but I hope to find that this mid engine plant was factory and not someones invention, because I like the concept.

Last edited by duckyjr; 12-06-2015 at 09:40 PM.
Old 12-06-2015, 10:01 PM
Registered

thankyou phragle,,, I have already seen those posts from 2014...
I see you are an owner of a wellcraft Nova.... I was looking at a 40ft Hawk excaliber in glastonberry Ct. and the owners couldn't keep there story strate about the boat, so I moved on to other boats in my portfolio and now this Corsa is now on my plate... but hay man.. a Nova is a realy nice boat as well.
Old 08-13-2016, 04:49 PM
Registered

Well guys.. I was able to make the purchase... at first assessment
She looks to be in good shape. First order of business will be to replace fuel cells and rebuild afdeck .. and while I am in there make sure the through shaft logs are in top condition.. she is a beauty , and am still looking for info on previous owners... to hopefully gain more info.. her name is Rapide originally from Miami Florida... was registered in Ct. For a spell.
Will try to set up with all my progress here on offshoreonly and hopefully learn a thing or two on this restore from you guys.. putting structure up around it now.. quick soda blast to start and systems check. Then into bigger stuff.. thanks again guys,

40ft Corsa 1984, twin 454 crusaders , closed loop, screw and rudder.

Last edited by duckyjr; 08-13-2016 at 04:52 PM.