Notices

Rice Hauler for sale again!

Old 12-18-2015, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Well known guy owned boat new in California/Arizona, boat was named Rice Hauler
Cig was stolen from the NY/NJ area.
Years later a 36 Skater flipped in Lake Havasu, pics surfaced of the sunken Skater with this stolen Cig in the background.
OSO lit up with "that Cig in the background looks like stolen Rice Hauler Cig
Boat gets recovered. Sy Goldberg is involved due to the insurance issues and posts that he knows all the facts.........10 years later they haven't been ever mentioned.
Boat got sold at an insurance auction. Now it appears to be for sale again.
My memory may not be accurate, but I thought the new "owner" was questioned by athorities a few times before the boat flip incident and had false paper work showing the boat was legit. I could have sworn reading "That's not rice hauler, just a boat that looks just like it" and reading people standing up for the guy. Obviously it proved to be rice hauler, just funny to think of the balls of this guy to use this stolen boat. Its not like it was a 29 Baja
Old 12-18-2015, 12:26 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 270 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
My memory may not be accurate, but I thought the new "owner" was questioned by athorities a few times before the boat flip incident and had false paper work showing the boat was legit. I could have sworn reading "That's not rice hauler, just a boat that looks just like it" and reading people standing up for the guy. Obviously it proved to be rice hauler, just funny to think of the balls of this guy to use this stolen boat. Its not like it was a 29 Baja
probably as big a balls as the numb nuts that stole the Powerquest Vyper here on lake Erie and went right to using it not even a week after the report was filed . . . . forty miles from where he stole it from
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 12-18-2015, 03:25 PM
ABT
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Isn't that the rolled skater that was listed over and over again by that shady crook salesman down in Tx? I think he might have even been part of that card shark debacle that landed that hauler from the NE in the slammer. Too much drama to keep track of.....
Old 12-18-2015, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 2,957 Likes on 981 Posts

Originally Posted by endeavor1
So when RH was recovered, where all has it been since?
It's changed hands a few times since the auction of it after it was recovered.
Old 12-18-2015, 06:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by endeavor1
Also, what happened to Honey Man to cause it to flip or roll?
It was actually running at relatively slow speed and went over a wake wrong, caught a sponson and rolled. Kinda same thing that happened to the orange DCB in havasu a few years back. I guess it's kinda common if you cross a wake wrong and turn.
Old 12-18-2015, 06:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Big Time
So was the thief exposed because of the picture that was circulated of the upside down Skater (w/RH in the background)?
Yes. Actually OSO lit a fire under insurance investigators and broke the case (seriously). Long thread about it when it happened and it unfolded all right here. Sy got involved and pursued the leads from the thread on here that led to the recovery and arrest. It was pretty cool actually. And the theft ring was pretty large and involved multiple boats and some pretty well known industry people as I recall.
Old 12-18-2015, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Holy s!!t that guy worked harder at being a dirtbag than just getting a job.
Old 12-18-2015, 07:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ABT
Isn't that the rolled skater that was listed over and over again by that shady crook salesman down in Tx? I think he might have even been part of that card shark debacle that landed that hauler from the NE in the slammer. Too much drama to keep track of.....
Yes Paul Casey has had it for sale for a long time, he's parting it now in Florida
Old 12-19-2015, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
Awesome boat! That was the first twin step I got a ride on. Rob was the Mac daddy in that boat! Great times back then. Can't believe that was 15 yrs ago... Who would have guessed what was to follow. Don't forget, that was the boat in the Lincoln ad.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yTW544HaKLE

Biggest pieces of sh1t ever!

The Lincoln LS, not the Cig. haha

Even with all the newer paint jobs these days, that Cig still looks great, such a classic scheme.
Old 12-19-2015, 08:49 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 255 Likes on 110 Posts

Listing claims SOLD!
That was fast

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.