Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Double Down refit almost complete! Must see pics! >

Double Down refit almost complete! Must see pics!

Notices

Double Down refit almost complete! Must see pics!

Old 12-20-2015, 06:20 PM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The port of call is normally not in the US I believe because of taxes and some regulations. That's why almost all cruise ships are not registered in the US, even though they spend the majority of their life here.
Old 12-20-2015, 06:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's about taxes......duh! Most are from the Cayman Islands . The uber rich that I work for have there mega yachts in Japan . Huge money area with deep seaports. Look up ( sea owl or prediction or the or Archimedes )
Old 12-20-2015, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Drew555
It's about taxes......duh! Most are from the Cayman Islands . The uber rich that I work for have there mega yachts in Japan . Huge money area with deep seaports. Look up ( sea owl or prediction or the or Archimedes )
Originally Posted by ChrisK
The port of call is normally not in the US I believe because of taxes and some regulations. That's why almost all cruise ships are not registered in the US, even though they spend the majority of their life here.
Yeah.....no payroll taxes, no minimum wage, no workers comp, limited liability (lawsuits) and asset preservation (no sales taxes on the yacht, possibly no income tax on any chartering/sale profits).
Old 12-20-2015, 07:52 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Drew555
The YouTube video of Sea Owl is amazing.
Old 12-20-2015, 08:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Rosatti grew up working the docks in Brooklyn before starting Plaza Auto Group. Then he co-founded Millennium Super Yachts in North Palm Beach. He’s also the owner of North Palm Beach-based BurgerFi, which has more than 60 restaurants and plans to double in size this year.

http://www.plazaautomall.com/

http://burgerfi.com/
Thanks for the info.
Old 12-20-2015, 08:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by turbofox54
Thanks!
Old 12-20-2015, 09:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wananewboat
The YouTube video of Sea Owl is amazing.
If you think the boat is crazy you should see his compound. 80 acre lot complete with 40000 square foot house including underground hospital, shooting range, armory, fitness center, heated Fish pond, heated fountain that dances when he gets home. I tree house as big as my house that looks like a giant owl when you look at it head on. Don't try and go there.... You will be shot. When I go there I need to give my lic: to a armed guard in return I get a badge to where. It's a amazing place, can only compare it to Michael Jacksons never land but instead of little boys running around there is armed guards lol. Really makes me feel poor when I go there. You can look up spy coast farms. That is who owns the boat prediction. Also works at the same hedge fund. And the boat Archimedes Is the guy who started the fund. Multi billionaires. No bullshi t
Old 12-20-2015, 10:17 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wannabe
X2 A "ship" like that needs a crew of about 11 people and the payroll (with taxes/benies) will be more than most people spend on their boats (like 700k). Then there in maintenance/dockage/insurance/etc.....
Crew is 18 including full time masseuse
Old 12-20-2015, 10:23 PM
Registered

Actually, nothing to do with taxes. Days of avoiding tax is long gone. Espically with high profile yachts like this that are held to ship standards. Many for the crew are not US citizens and boat may be charted once in a while, there are other reasons.
Old 12-20-2015, 10:24 PM
Registered

It holds 48k gallons of fuel. The engines take 218 Gallons of oil in each and the boat had a system that pumps old oil in waste tanks and fills with fresh oil.

The living area of the boat not including engine room or garage is 18,000 square feel. The all glass elevated goes all 6 floors from engine room to top deck.

1 of 2 160' long exhaust pipes

Engineer room inside engine room

All glass Unformal dining room. Stacking doors can be slid to completely open dining room.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.