Notices

OT: Rules for a gunfight

Old 09-19-2002, 03:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up OT: Rules for a gunfight

Rules for a gunfight - Rule to live by.............

1. Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two guns. Bring all of your friends who have guns.

2. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Double Tap! Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive.

3. Only hits count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.

4. If your shooting stance is good, you're probably not moving fast enough or using cover correctly.

5. Move into/from your attacker unless you are facing overwhelming firepower. (Lateral and diagonal movement are preferred.)

6. If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a long gun and a friend with a long gun.

7. In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived.

8. If you are not shooting, you should be communicating, reloading, and moving.

9. Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting standards will be more dependent on "pucker factor" than the inherent accuracy of the gun. Use a gun that works EVERY TIME. Don't aim; SEE your target and put the bullet where you are looking.

10. Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

11. Always cheat, always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.

12. Have a plan.

13. Have a back-up plan, because the first one won't work.

14. Use cover or concealment as much as possible.

15. Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.

16. Don't drop your guard.

17. Always tactical load and threat scan 360 degrees.

18. Watch their hands. Hands kill. (In God we trust. Everyone else, keep your hands where I can see them.)

19. Decide to be aggressive ENOUGH, quickly ENOUGH.

20. The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.

21. Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

22. Be courteous to everyone... friendly to no one.

23. Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation... and violence when needed.

24. Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun unless the caliber starts with a "4" or some higher number.

Old 09-19-2002, 03:51 PM
Registered

Or you could bring some pipe bombs and be done with it
Old 09-19-2002, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I like it , I like It a lot !!!

Would you mind if I forward this over to the yuppy ,tree hugger board to see what we can stir up !!
Old 09-19-2002, 04:12 PM
TulsaLarry

Don't bring a muzzle loader.

Old 09-19-2002, 04:25 PM
Registered

WOW!! An excellent post!!
Old 09-19-2002, 04:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Applies to most confrontations regardless of weapon. Excellent post!
Old 09-19-2002, 05:57 PM
Registered

Default Change 24 to......

.45 or bigger....I worked for Springfield Armory around the time they secured the contract to supply .45's to the FBI HRT. Shot 40,000 rounds out of one gun over a two week period and understand why the US Army had kept thier 1911's for so long. That caliber is the reliable man stopper!
Old 09-19-2002, 07:14 PM
Tejas Raz

Great post.

Disagree vehemently with #9. Most survivors, especially survivors of multiple fights remember seeing the FRONT SIGHT quite vividly! Training, Training, Training.

Love #6. Distance and accuracy are your friends!

Addendum:

#25. Have your experienced and firearm friendly lawyer's phone number in your cell phone. Call him right after calling 911.

#26. Under no circumstances make any statement to the police. Do not be disrespectful, but you have just undergone a very mind numbing encounter. Tell them you will talk with them tomorrow. You will have better account of the senses that were recording in your mind but which by nature, were pushed back into the unconscious mind so you could deal with the action at hand. You will remember more then once the adrenalin wears off. Be confident. You used only the amount of force neccessary to control the situation dictated by the actions of the aggressor.

Yes, .45 ACP seriously rocks when you spend enough time to learn it!
Two .45 hits on target beat 17 9mm's in the air any time.

Top Raz

Old 09-19-2002, 08:15 PM
Registered

I am so glad somebody posted this info. I just happen to be going to my first gunfight tomorrow and just didn't know what to take! I think maybe the 454 Cassull. Yea...thats the ticket.
Old 09-19-2002, 08:56 PM
Registered

Handguns suck!

You should have BOTH a 12-gauge or 20-gauge shotgun, AND a .33 Winchester lever action rifle.

One for short range, one for long range.

If someone is in your home, just load the shotgun. It has a universal sound that everyone knows and everyone fears.

Happy hunting!

Quick Reply: OT: Rules for a gunfight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.