Sunsation Building Triple Verado 400R Outboard-Powered 32-Foot Center Console >

Sunsation Building Triple Verado 400R Outboard-Powered 32-Foot Center Console

Notices

Sunsation Building Triple Verado 400R Outboard-Powered 32-Foot Center Console

Old 01-20-2016, 02:41 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,224 Posts
Default Sunsation Building Triple Verado 400R Outboard-Powered 32-Foot Center Console

News on Sunsation’s latest center console hot rod—and the company’s plans for Miami next month, http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...center-console
Old 01-22-2016, 07:23 PM
Registered

Received 50 Likes on 26 Posts

How stable do you think a 32/33 ft center console with a TTop will be with trip 400s? I've read some members with 34CC that claim the TTop handles like a "kite" at high speeds. If a 32 is hitting 90s, how safe is that? Obviously you wouldn't sustain those speeds for long. But, even 80s while trying to keep up with some of the "big boys". Any thoughts..?
Old 01-22-2016, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Nothing wrong with more lift
Old 01-23-2016, 09:03 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by GatorMD
How stable do you think a 32/33 ft center console with a TTop will be with trip 400s? I've read some members with 34CC that claim the TTop handles like a "kite" at high speeds. If a 32 is hitting 90s, how safe is that? Obviously you wouldn't sustain those speeds for long. But, even 80s while trying to keep up with some of the "big boys". Any thoughts..?

interesting first post......

Wayne, Joe and Tres Martin have all collaborated on the 32 (in addition to other models) so I can't imagine your concern wasn't addressed. They have built a few 32's with 1200 or more HP and probably over a dozen with 1050HP (one twin 565 boat too). While I don't see the allure of top speed runs in a CC from any brand Im sure this boat will be impressive.
Old 01-23-2016, 02:44 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 34CC that was brought to lake Havasu for desert storm 2015 was impressive. It led the 65mph group through the Poker run with 4 adults and looked smooth through serious cross wake.[ATTACH=CONFIG]550022[/ATTACH]..

I am Bias though. Trip 400's will be awesome.
Attached Thumbnails Sunsation Building Triple Verado 400R Outboard-Powered 32-Foot Center Console-wittich_34ccx.jpg  
Old 02-06-2016, 09:00 PM
Registered

Yea definitely interesting first post! I've trolled the boards for a while. Unfortunatly haven't purchased a boat yet. But, in preparation scanning for the best for for me. For my budget, I really like the renegade 33. Although mid cabins like the sunsation and nortech 34's would ideal, the price tag and options I would like definitely ramp up the price. Back to the thread, I'm looking at a renegade 33. There is one posted with trip 300s which is probably mid 70s. My concern would be the stability of the boat at high speeds with trip 350s or even 400s. Not sure if the hull is capable of maneuvering at high 70s, low 80s.it appears that the newer nortech and sunsation have extensive R&D to handle the trip 400s.

Any thoughts on renegade?
Old 02-07-2016, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by GatorMD
Yea definitely interesting first post! I've trolled the boards for a while. Unfortunatly haven't purchased a boat yet. But, in preparation scanning for the best for for me. For my budget, I really like the renegade 33. Although mid cabins like the sunsation and nortech 34's would ideal, the price tag and options I would like definitely ramp up the price. Back to the thread, I'm looking at a renegade 33. There is one posted with trip 300s which is probably mid 70s. My concern would be the stability of the boat at high speeds with trip 350s or even 400s. Not sure if the hull is capable of maneuvering at high 70s, low 80s.it appears that the newer nortech and sunsation have extensive R&D to handle the trip 400s.

Any thoughts on renegade?
Top speed isn't the highlight of any center console. I went to the Bahamas last year on a 36 CC with 900 HP hanging off the transom. We made good time and at 45 mph it was a bouncy, windy, wet ride both ways. There was 8 aboard and everyone was scrambling to find something to hold onto so when someone is concerned about whether the newest model CC goes 70 or 80 it really isn't a valid concern because it is not "how fast your boat goes but rather how well your boat goes fast!"

On the Renegade, BobtheBuilder has one and I would definitely value his opinion as he has owned boats from just about every manufacturer at some point.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Top speed isn't the highlight of any center console. I went to the Bahamas last year on a 36 CC with 900 HP hanging off the transom. We made good time and at 45 mph it was a bouncy, windy, wet ride both ways. There was 8 aboard and everyone was scrambling to find something to hold onto so when someone is concerned about whether the newest model CC goes 70 or 80 it really isn't a valid concern because it is not "how fast your boat goes but rather how well your boat goes fast!"

On the Renegade, BobtheBuilder has one and I would definitely value his opinion as he has owned boats from just about every manufacturer at some point.
Couldn't agree with you more regarding "how well your boat goes fast," which is exactly my concerns with rigging trip 350/400s on a 33 foot Renegade. Obviously, hitting those top speeds are seldom on a CC but, having the power there for the right conditions would be pretty sweet.