Cigarette and Mercedes-AMG ‘Ignore Gravity’ Collaboration Set For Miami

Notices

Cigarette and Mercedes-AMG ‘Ignore Gravity’ Collaboration Set For Miami

Old 02-02-2016, 08:10 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,746 Likes on 1,234 Posts
Default Cigarette and Mercedes-AMG ‘Ignore Gravity’ Collaboration Set For Miami

Cigarette's unveiling in Miami is just one week and a couple of days away, http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...-set-for-miami
Old 02-02-2016, 09:22 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Always looking e seeing these builds.

Can't wait
Old 02-02-2016, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

One neat thing this year is the Cigarettes will all be in the water, not sure if they are floating the car on a dock or what.

Wonder how many "fresh water die hards" will be worrying about all the boats corroding for 5+ days straight?
Old 02-02-2016, 10:18 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
One neat thing this year is the Cigarettes will all be in the water, not sure if they are floating the car on a dock or what.

Wonder how many "fresh water die hards" will be worrying about all the boats corroding for 5+ days straight?
Only the owners of the boats ... not sure why this concerns irks people so. Your boat, your money, your choice, right?
Old 02-02-2016, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Only the owners of the boats ... not sure why this concerns irks people so. Your boat, your money, your choice, right?
It doesn't irk me one bit but some on here fear salt like nuclear contamination!

They usually never understand that all the Nortechs, Cigarettes, Outerlimits are all tested in salt also.
Old 02-03-2016, 10:01 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe, We just don't have any experience cleaning all that salt off a boat and refuse to learn?

If I lived in Florida I'd learn but that's not an option, so... salt is Cancer
Old 02-03-2016, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by altamate
Maybe, We just don't have any experience cleaning all that salt off a boat and refuse to learn?

If I lived in Florida I'd learn but that's not an option, so... salt is Cancer
That might be the worst explaination I have heard to date lol.
Old 02-03-2016, 10:43 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

It doesn't irk me one bit but some on here fear salt like nuclear contamination!

They usually never understand that all the Nortechs, Cigarettes, Outerlimits are all tested in salt also.

Well, of course I know you're being lighthearted, but it "irks" you enough to poke fun at it—and humor is a sign of "irkage," a new word I just invented.

But I think you're missing the point—a lot of high-end custom boats are customer boats (most of these guys don't build anything on spec). If the customer says he doesn't want his boat in saltwater—for any reason—the builder will respect that. Why wouldn't he? I'm not making up this stuff for fun. Ask a high-end builder±—Skater's Peter Hledin would be a great guy to start with.

A lot of folks won't put their boats in saltwater, for any number of reasons (saltwater is, in fact, rough on boat parts (read Ron Potter's recent column on flushing, http://speedonthewater.com/boat-rest...not-your-money) including the resale value and appeal of boats that have only been used in freshwater. But don't take my word for it. Ask someone who sells pre-owned boats, such as Scott Sjogren of Shogren Performance Marine.

Last ... only the boat on the the outer rings of the temporary docks will be in the water for five days. Think about how a boat show is built: Whether inside a convention center: first boats in are the last to leave, and they arrive several days before the show opens. So some of those boats will be in the water for more than a week.

But whether it's one week or one day, it's up to the owner of the boat ... just as it would be up to you if it happened to be your boat.