Notices

The dead I/O market story

Old 02-08-2016, 05:31 AM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
I really do not know a middle class couple anymore that is pulling down 150 K after taxes. In some cases middle class is making less than 10 years ago. Mine situation is that way and so is many others that I know. Alot have not received pay raises to = the increases the cost of living expenses thru out the years .

My wife has over 30 years with a major airline never one day late for the job - receives good comments from passengers on the plane almost every darn flight - the deal that really sucks - retirement was basically completely lost and she has to work 12 more hours per month to = the same pay before this major airline filed BR plus has to work harder at her job for less pay. Our health care costs are killing us - has 6 times the cost in the past 4 years. Auto insurance is not cheap in a major city, both of us has very clean driving records.

If you own your own business - the cost of doing business is extremely high especially carrying all the required insurances and health insurance cost makes it really not worth owning a business anymore.
That's a fact !!! I own my own business and every year the material, health ins., business ins. along with other stuff keeps going up. That stuff should have come way down when the cost of a barrel of oil fell to $30 a barrel but they want to keep the extra profits and hit us again when oil goes up to were it was. If the prices fell maybe things would be a little better for everyone.
Old 02-08-2016, 06:01 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by outlw36
That's a fact !!! I own my own business and every year the material, health ins., business ins. along with other stuff keeps going up. That stuff should have come way down when the cost of a barrel of oil fell to $30 a barrel but they want to keep the extra profits and hit us again when oil goes up to were it was. If the prices fell maybe things would be a little better for everyone.
Yeah, Just looked at my UPS bill the other day they are Still Charging a Fuel Cost Surcharge... Thought about calling them, but it would just make some poor employees day worse.
Old 02-08-2016, 07:56 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

With the shift away from hi-performance stern drives and the advent of all the CC's and wake boarding rigs, will offshoreonly.com evolve and grow in the same direction? I certainly hope not. What if you logged on and were redirected to youngdudesandwakeboatsorcentreconsoles.com ?

The forum must continue to grow but if the interest in 'offshore style' performance boats dwindles and the younger generation continue to pursue other types of power boats, will that leave the hard core old school enthusiasts out in the cold?

I hate to say it but there may be enough demand already for a 'Centre Console' sub-forum.

What is the world coming to??

RR

P.S. I know I currently own a cc but a reasonable offer will take it off my hands, I want an offshore sports boat!
Old 02-08-2016, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by rak rua
With the shift away from hi-performance stern drives and the advent of all the CC's and wake boarding rigs, will offshoreonly.com evolve and grow in the same direction? I certainly hope not. What if you logged on and were redirected to youngdudesandwakeboatsorcentreconsoles.com ?

The forum must continue to grow but if the interest in 'offshore style' performance boats dwindles and the younger generation continue to pursue other types of power boats, will that leave the hard core old school enthusiasts out in the cold?

I hate to say it but there may be enough demand already for a 'Centre Console' sub-forum.

What is the world coming to??

RR

P.S. I know I currently own a cc but a reasonable offer will take it off my hands, I want an offshore sports boat!
I think it is odd an funny that people don't classify a big CC (from NT, Statement, Sunsation, Cig, MTI, etc) as an "offshore power boat".

Its based off hulls that are in the boats you do classify as a sports boat, are usually the same length, they run speed numbers at or even higher than some of the "speed boats", and yet you talk about them as they don't belong at all. That right there is odd.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:24 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

TM - Did you mean to say 4000 hrs on a Yamaha?
Old 02-08-2016, 10:28 AM
Registered

Received 592 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
I think it is odd an funny that people don't classify a big CC (from NT, Statement, Sunsation, Cig, MTI, etc) as an "offshore power boat".

Its based off hulls that are in the boats you do classify as a sports boat, are usually the same length, they run speed numbers at or even higher than some of the "speed boats", and yet you talk about them as they don't belong at all. That right there is odd.
True Dat

But they don't make loud Voom Voom sounds .
Old 02-08-2016, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Big thing on our lakes that I see with these wakeboard boats is wake surfing behind them, I have done it a few times and its a blast, but my greif with these boats are the 2-4ft wakes they put out about 100 yd out from shore. Its hard on docks, and the shoreline. It cool we get it now go out in the middle of the lake and do it. All your doing is annoying me with your music and making me think how I can make my pontoon put out a 4ft wake

Ok mid winter rant over.
Old 02-08-2016, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

2 summers ago, I was rafted up with some friends in a cove, enjoying the day. Well here comes a young kid in Daddy's wake board boat, pushing an enormous wake. He's coming straight towards us and passes us within 50', probably even less. As hard as we tried, we couldn't hold the boats as these gigantic wakes came thru. The rubrail on my buddies cruiser, gouged right into my gelcoat as his boat went high and mine went low. Even with huge fenders, there was no stopping it. I fired up and chased the kid back to Daddy's lake house and after harsh words, got his info and his insurance paid the $3500 bill to repair my gelcoat. Turns out Daddy was a Doctor as he tried to lie to me that he was driving the boat, not his son. After 2 years, it's always funny to roar by his house at high speed with my exhaust screaming!! There have been several exchanges of the number 1 gesture!
Old 02-08-2016, 12:56 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
Usually WB boats are packed with people under 45 of age and very loud music. I will add that WB certain brands were the easiest boat sales that I ever had to handle. Many check writers or 9 out of 10 were approved for the loans. Family runabouts very hard to sell and 50 % can not get a loan for them. Different buyers with different credit ratings.Seems alot of rec boaters looking for something used 20 k and under and wakeboat buyers it does not matter will spend 80 K on a used WB.
John, are these first time boat owners ?

I can't imagine riding around in something that rides like sh!t, has a 45-50 mph terminal top speed no matter how much power you throw at it and
only likes to back up to one side, when you could buy an i/o runabout and bolt on a jungle jim and hang some speakers off of it for about half the $$
and have something that does everything ( other than wakeboarding ) better.
Old 02-08-2016, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by JaayTeee
John, are these first time boat owners ?

I can't imagine riding around in something that rides like sh!t, has a 45-50 mph terminal top speed no matter how much power you throw at it and
only likes to back up to one side, when you could buy an i/o runabout and bolt on a jungle jim and hang some speakers off of it for about half the $$
and have something that does everything ( other than wakeboarding ) better.

I would say that bolded part is a BIG reason they bought the boat and not something else lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.