Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Nor-Tech Sport 3900 Hull No. 100 Tops 100 MPH (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/334389-nor-tech-sport-3900-hull-no-100-tops-100-mph.html)

D2HP 02-08-2016 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio (Post 4401726)
I added an extra zero in the headline. It's been changed in the headline but not in this one. Thanks for the help, Terry Sobo.

Still need to fix it in the story and under the 1st picture.

wrinkleface 02-08-2016 12:36 PM

Awesome!!!

Jupiter Sunsation 02-09-2016 07:13 PM

That is absolutely awesome! #100 runs 100! :D

I have loved that boat since hull #1 and it has clearly saved Nortech as a high performance builder. I think when my powerball money comes in I will have to order one just to be this guy at the fishing tournaments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_R1aBoRAAY

Are those rentals?

You wearin' weldin' goggles?

ActiveThunder 02-09-2016 07:30 PM

Sy,

Do you feel that it is a good idea for a center console with no way to secure it's passengers to hit triple digits?

I don't mean to come across as a possibly" jealous boat builder" since I won't enter this market.

However I see the same disasters with more casualties as the Cats running big numbers from the last few years.

Now we have multiplied the passengers ten-fold.

Pat

Originally Posted by sy goldberg (Post 4401705)
The good news is that this boat can be insured with our center console program rates not high performance.The TOTAL DOLLAR exclusive program can insure up to 130 mph and our carrier is an A rated,domestic,admitted US company. (NOT LLOTDS OR SURPLUS LINES).

Nate5.0 02-09-2016 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder (Post 4402194)
Sy,

Do you feel that it is a good idea for a center console with no way to secure it's passengers to hit triple digits?

I don't mean to come across as a possibly" jealous boat builder" since I won't enter this market.

However I see the same disasters with more casualties as the Cats running big numbers from the last few years.

Pat

If you can insure an i/o boat with no seat straps, I see no reason not to insure a CC. I can pack a cockpit on a top gun or AT with as many as people are ok with it for the trip and be covered.

No reason to insure one and not the other when neither have actual safety devise that the other doesn't have.

Jupiter Sunsation 02-09-2016 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder (Post 4402194)
Sy,

Pat

Wrong place to post this........derails thread.

That LOTO Fountain didn't do real good with 7 aboard with Capt ThrottleMaster

Your new 29 with the open cockpit concept wouldn't be great either with 6-8 aboard at 70 mph in the event of a crash. Atleast in the Nortech the first 6 would be in a bolster.

ActiveThunder 02-09-2016 08:37 PM

Sorry I digressed, but I would never recommend 6-8 aboard an AT at 70 either. 70 is not 100.

I simply am voiceing that it is bothersome to me to imply this is safe, I advertise with Matt to the tune of $5k per year. He reports the news without opinion. But an insurer condoning this seems questionable.

"The good news is that this boat can be insured with our center console program rates not high performance.The TOTAL DOLLAR exclusive program can insure up to 130 mph...."

Let me know when you want to go that fast hanging on to an arch and a grab handle.

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation (Post 4402212)
Wrong place to post this........derails thread.

That LOTO Fountain didn't do real good with 7 aboard with Capt ThrottleMaster

Your new 29 with the open cockpit concept wouldn't be great either with 6-8 aboard at 70 mph in the event of a crash. Atleast in the Nortech the first 6 would be in a bolster.

ActiveThunder 02-09-2016 08:40 PM

Yep, Nate. And I disagree that is ok, too.

Originally Posted by Nate5.0 (Post 4402208)
If you can insure an i/o boat with no seat straps, I see no reason not to insure a CC. I can pack a cockpit on a top gun or AT with as many as people are ok with it for the trip and be covered.

No reason to insure one and not the other when neither have actual safety devise that the other doesn't have.

Jupiter Sunsation 02-09-2016 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder (Post 4402224)
Sorry I digressed, but I would never recommend 6-8 aboard an AT at 70 either. 70 is not 100.

I simply am voiceing that it is bothersome to me to imply this is safe, I advertise with Matt to the tune of $5k per year. He reports the news without opinion. But an insurer condoning this seems questionable.

"The good news is that this boat can be insured with our center console program rates not high performance.The TOTAL DOLLAR exclusive program can insure up to 130 mph...."

Let me know when you want to go that fast hanging on to an arch and a grab handle.

I don't disagree with you or your statement but just felt this might not have been the best choice.

70 in a 29/8 ft beam or 100 in a 39/10 ft beam........I would bet they are strikingly similar in ride considering the weight differences.

Nate5.0 02-09-2016 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder (Post 4402225)
Yep, Nate. And I disagree that is ok, too.

Totally cool with me bud. I get your point and was just playing both sides of the coin.