Old 02-14-2016, 11:00 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,722 Likes on 3,791 Posts

Old 02-14-2016, 11:08 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Its understandable as the old saying goes - (to do in Rome what the Romans do) everyone is making a trend CC boat. And I mean everyone. IMO the market is already over saturated from every manu making them. Last year I talked to guys at Sea Hunter, Sea Vee and some others who have been in the CC market from day one and thats all they have ever done.

They all said the true professional fisherman and hardcore fisherman would not buy these trend boats and wondered how well the Sportboat manu is really going to sell sport style CC boats year after year plus are they really going to make it a fishing boat or a combo. Anyways kind of reminds of an example of Sea Ray trying to enter into the wakeboard market.

I have never fished a day in my life so I can not see myself every buying a CC boat unless selling it to make money on. So far the west coast has not adapted the CC style of boat trend like the East coast has. Pontoons & Wakeboard boats all have been completely adapted thru out the USA. IMO I can not see these sportboat manu's knocking it out of the park year after year selling CC boats. There is only so much customer base for these and especially the sport CC style whether you fish or not. Just my 2 C's

Last edited by BUP; 02-14-2016 at 11:27 AM.
Old 02-14-2016, 11:48 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Old 02-14-2016, 12:07 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
Its understandable as the old saying goes - (to do in Rome what the Romans do) everyone is making a trend CC boat. And I mean everyone. IMO the market is already over saturated from every manu making them. Last year I talked to guys at Sea Hunter, Sea Vee and some others who have been in the CC market from day one and thats all they have ever done.

They all said the true professional fisherman and hardcore fisherman would not buy these trend boats and wondered how well the Sportboat manu is really going to sell sport style CC boats year after year plus are they really going to make it a fishing boat or a combo. Anyways kind of reminds of an example of Sea Ray trying to enter into the wakeboard market.

I have never fished a day in my life so I can not see myself every buying a CC boat unless selling it to make money on. So far the west coast has not adapted the CC style of boat trend like the East coast has. Pontoons & Wakeboard boats all have been completely adapted thru out the USA. IMO I can not see these sportboat manu's knocking it out of the park year after year selling CC boats. There is only so much customer base for these and especially the sport CC style whether you fish or not. Just my 2 C's
Pretty much sums up my thoughts. They look like boats that are trying to be everything at once. Is it a deckboat? A bowrider? A cruiser with the hard top? A sport fisher? They sure don't look like go-fasts. They look like all purpose boats with go-fast brands. The larger cockpits are nice for larger groups and the resurgence of OBs is OK but on a go-fast I want a long, closed, lightweight bow; Preferably with a minimal cabin for overnighting. I am not liking this trend from the traditional sleek go-fast vee.
Old 02-14-2016, 12:28 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
Pontoons & Wakeboard boats all have been completely adapted thru out the USA.
Maybe on lakes but I've never seen either one here on the coast. I'd love to see a toon on Long Island Sound waters
Old 02-14-2016, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
Maybe on lakes but I've never seen either one here on the coast. I'd love to see a toon on Long Island Sound waters
see one here in smithtown bay last year taking waves over the bow. pretty funny
Old 02-14-2016, 01:10 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Old 02-14-2016, 03:13 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Old 02-14-2016, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP

You would have a point if those building them weren't filled with orders for them.
Old 02-14-2016, 05:05 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.