Notices

What a kickin Wedding

Old 09-22-2002, 01:26 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up What a kickin Wedding

Just got in from a weding that actually worked out to be real cool . At first I was bummed out with the timing due to the fact that I got my boat in the water so late and this was going to cause me to loose a unreal day of boating. I was in the wedding and the groom asked me to bring my boat with me, oh I think this is looking up. Well I took a group of the party out for a sunset cruise that got shortened do to it looking like it was going to rain, and then after the place closed down at 12am the Groom, Bride (in her dress), best man, Usher, and a friend all piled in and went for a rip from My home town to Beverly (about 4 miles by water). Well as we are pulling into Beverly harbor at about 12:30 we decide to go to the Roast beef joint on the water. Only problem is that they do not have a dock. So we wind in there and I put it up on a very small beach and they all run in and then we head back home. It was just really funny all of us being in Tuxedo's and the bride cruising around. Wish we got pictures Oh and NO I was not drinking!!! So ladies it can be done, boats and weddings can work together

Jon
Old 09-22-2002, 07:50 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

sounds like a great ride man . . .thats the kind of stress reliever you need after that BS go'n on with your shop. i went through the same thing a few years ago, after all the dust setteled it was the best move i ever made with my shop. good luck man.
Old 09-22-2002, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

That's cool Jon! I went to my wedding in my buddies Formul and had a few Offshore Racers do a FLY BY during our vows. Our wedding was at a hotel on an island on Lake George. Glad you guys had a great time.

Shane
Old 09-22-2002, 09:22 PM
jb
Registered

Nice job audio... Staying sober and all, I am sure it was appreciated. You gave them something to remember forever.
In 30 years and your on you 50 ViKing talking about the ride you all took on their wedding night, you will appreciate it even more!
Old 09-23-2002, 01:25 PM
Registered

HEY AUDIOFN...There's NOTHING like a late night feed at BILL & BOB'S.... That's interesting you're from BEVERLY... I'm from LYNN (Yes I KNOW !!!)... Do you by any chance know GEORGE MICHAUD @ ENGINES & COMPONENTS on LEACH ST. in BEVERLY??? He's a VERY GOOD friend of mine from Lake Winni. & Beverly as well... He builds a mean motor!!! He built a 306 towing motor for my BRONCO & was VERY happy w/it....I hope things work out @ your shop...sounds like a REAL MESS!!!! GOOD LUCK!!! BTW.. Do you know the MORSE'S (BRUCE & RON)??? As well?? BTW2... What's with the guns???
Old 09-23-2002, 01:44 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 135 Likes on 64 Posts

Boating and weddings make a great combination!!! I was married at the Sag Harbor Yacht club in Long Island and used my boat at the time a Donzi Blackhawk Classis 22 as the ride out of there! (We didn't need any stinking limo's). The dockmaster radioed all the Yachts in the harbor to sound their horns as we left the docks at the same time he fired the mineature cannon to signal all the yachts of our departure. We tooled around the harbor drinking champagne and being toasted by the many people aboard! A very special memorable day!
Old 09-23-2002, 09:06 PM
Registered

HEY AUDIOFN...As the black guy said to DIRTY HARRY...I GOTS TA KNOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-23-2002, 09:13 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Hey Velocity Bill and Bobs is ok but Nicks is SO much better
Since you know the place you can imagine the scene with my trying to get my boat in there and a Bride in a prom dress off the bow. Then I had to wash off the deck before we took off and the groom insisted on driving out the harbor so I had to stand right next to him to make sure that he did not swerve all over the place as he was **** faced. The harbor is real wide and we were the only ones in there so it was safe. I do not know hte guy as Engines and Components but I do know of them. I have never had anything done there.

What do you mean what is with the guns? I have a fairly decent collection of them ranging from 22 single shot darranger to the largest hand gun made the 445 super Mag

Jon
Old 09-23-2002, 09:23 PM
Registered

That sounds like fun Jon. I've never worn a tux while on the boat, but I'm sure it has a whole new angle to boating. I did take some of my sales reps out on my 312 in San Diego harbor during a trade-show lunch break once. I felt like Miami Vice! We all had suits and ties on, and when we got back, I looked at my tie and the whole inside guts of the tie had blown out. I had to throw a new tie on, and throw that one out!

Here's an example of you boating in a tux.
Attached Thumbnails What a kickin Wedding-miami-3%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 09-23-2002, 09:26 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Phantom I wish you were there for a picture bro it was cool. Even the blow boats were giving us the thumbs up

Jon

Quick Reply: What a kickin Wedding

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.