Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   MTI Unveils Pre-Production MTI-V 57 at Dubai Boat Show (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/335045-mti-unveils-pre-production-mti-v-57-dubai-boat-show.html)

TBAG 03-01-2016 07:01 PM

That's a big b1tch.

Indy 03-01-2016 07:03 PM

Good grief...57'? Come on...somebody should just bite the bullet and build a 100 footer. Nice hats on those dudes BTW.

Tim G. 03-01-2016 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Indy (Post 4410304)
Good grief...57'? Come on...somebody should just bite the bullet and build a 100 footer. Nice hats on those dudes BTW.

Indy, Let us finish this project out before we move on to the 100':poopoo:.
The boat at the Dubai show is our "Preproduction" boat. Our actual production deck is still on the CNC. That deck will have a larger cabin and more seating.
The Dubai 57 was made with sections of the current 42, and a 42 console...
The boat is so long that it gets on plane with zero bow rise...it's an amazing feeling as the boat just moves straight forward with no attitude change.
The boat did 68 mph easily, which is roughly 10mph off the 42 MTIV. We had a set of props that did 71, but they were too tall for every day use.

302Sport 03-01-2016 07:54 PM

Tim how are you guys going to tilt that thing to make it legal length?!?!?!

Comanche3Six 03-01-2016 08:15 PM

Quite a fishing boat, time for vinyl dipped lead sinkers.
Awesome!

Jupiter Sunsation 03-02-2016 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Tim G. (Post 4410324)
Indy, Let us finish this project out before we move on to the 100':poopoo:.
The boat at the Dubai show is our "Preproduction" boat. Our actual production deck is still on the CNC. That deck will have a larger cabin and more seating.
The Dubai 57 was made with sections of the current 42, and a 42 console...
The boat is so long that it gets on plane with zero bow rise...it's an amazing feeling as the boat just moves straight forward with no attitude change.
The boat did 68 mph easily, which is roughly 10mph off the 42 MTIV. We had a set of props that did 71, but they were too tall for every day use.

Tim what is the MSRP for this beast?

Jupiter Sunsation 03-02-2016 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by 302Sport (Post 4410332)
Tim how are you guys going to tilt that thing to make it legal length?!?!?!

and can I tow it with an EcoBoost F150 if I put airbags and an extra leaf spring in it?

Jupiter Sunsation 03-02-2016 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Sonic30ss (Post 4410199)
Funny CCs have evolved from "I want something simple I can just hose off at the end of the day" to full on luxo cruisers!

With the expense and fuel burn of a diesel flybridge!

I saw the Hydra-Sport 53 CC (Sueno is what they call it).....It was huge and looked like a typical HS, brick like and heavy. But if they build one, MTI went 57 and Nortech is going 45/55 in their new models there must be a market for these boats. I will admit that this MTI-57 looks much better to me than the 42 did when it first arrived.

These big sleds are hitting that weird axis where they need to be fast, so they need a lot of motors, so they need a lot of fuel.....all of which adds weight which makes the boat slower.....so we need more motors, but wait that means more fuel.....

1000 islander 03-02-2016 09:08 AM

Center consoles have gotten just as stupid and out of hand as the giant front wheel Harley bagger craze. Just give me a simple 35' cc with a couple outboards and I'm good.

Nate5.0 03-02-2016 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation (Post 4410467)
With the expense and fuel burn of a diesel flybridge!

I saw the Hydra-Sport 53 CC (Sueno is what they call it).....It was huge and looked like a typical HS, brick like and heavy. But if they build one, MTI went 57 and Nortech is going 45/55 in their new models there must be a market for these boats. I will admit that this MTI-57 looks much better to me than the 42 did when it first arrived.

These big sleds are hitting that weird axis where they need to be fast, so they need a lot of motors, so they need a lot of fuel.....all of which adds weight which makes the boat slower.....so we need more motors, but wait that means more fuel.....

Boat's like this CC though are not the same market as the guy looking for a 30'-33' with twins for fuel efficiency, more room, and good speed.

I would say a boat like is for someone who had a sleek cruiser (sundancer, superhawk, 40SS etc) that wanted room, some speed, and is prob the party of the raft up.