MTI Unveils Pre-Production MTI-V 57 at Dubai Boat Show >

MTI Unveils Pre-Production MTI-V 57 at Dubai Boat Show

Notices

MTI Unveils Pre-Production MTI-V 57 at Dubai Boat Show

Old 03-02-2016, 08:01 PM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

Would you believe that that boat did not have a bow thruster??? Our client didn't want one... Take a look at the prop wash in the pics when I was trying to turn the boat around with the engines.... There was a breeze but nothing that should worry you... Yes it's big... I did get it right up on the trailer first shot though....

The trend is going big... Big boats, and now big Marinas... There is a new marina going up in North Marina at Haulover that can Drystack up to 65'... Yep.

Performance has always been a priority for us...and it is with the 57. That Hydrasport that Jupiter referenced is big, but not what we would consider direct competition for our boat.
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 03-02-2016, 09:24 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim G.
Would you believe that that boat did not have a bow thruster??? Our client didn't want one... .
Follow the money
Old 03-02-2016, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

That thing is a beauty for sure!
Old 03-02-2016, 09:53 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim G.
Would you believe that that boat did not have a bow thruster??? Our client didn't want one... Take a look at the prop wash in the pics when I was trying to turn the boat around with the engines.... There was a breeze but nothing that should worry you... Yes it's big... I did get it right up on the trailer first shot though....

The trend is going big... Big boats, and now big Marinas... There is a new marina going up in North Marina at Haulover that can Drystack up to 65'... Yep.

Performance has always been a priority for us...and it is with the 57. That Hydrasport that Jupiter referenced is big, but not what we would consider direct competition for our boat.
Tim congrats on the 57 its awesome and if possible even nicer than the 42, I'm curious how you feel about the performance of the Slot V hull compared to some other similar sized CC's is it delivering the performance you expected?
Old 03-03-2016, 05:58 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tim,

Have you guys given any thought to doing a large cat based CC? That's the next direction I see this (somewhat silly) performance-CC market going.
Old 03-03-2016, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't think size is that big of an issue. All you have to do is plan, and anywhere that can fit a 40' is going to be able to fit this. Most places I have encountered, if it is going to be busy you have to call and reserve a spot anyway. You don't hear a lot about finding a spot for a 48MTI, this is just a bit bigger.
Old 03-03-2016, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Perlmudder
I don't think size is that big of an issue. All you have to do is plan, and anywhere that can fit a 40' is going to be able to fit this. Most places I have encountered, if it is going to be busy you have to call and reserve a spot anyway. You don't hear a lot about finding a spot for a 48MTI, this is just a bit bigger.
Let me know how many boat ramps can accommodate a 57 ft boat!

Even towing gooseneck the tow rig will be 85 ft long!
Old 03-03-2016, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Let me know how many boat ramps can accommodate a 57 ft boat!

Even towing gooseneck the tow rig will be 85 ft long!
Just my thought , Someone going to spend a Million dollars plus plus on a 57 foot boat is not going to be trailering this type of boat around town every time there going to use the boat , most likely they will have it at a storage place on the water , And for the time's they need to transport they call a transport company to professionally trailer the boat to where ever the want to go
Old 03-03-2016, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by mikebrls
Just my thought , Someone going to spend a Million dollars plus plus on a 57 foot boat is not going to be trailering this type of boat around town every time there going to use the boat , most likely they will have it at a storage place on the water , And for the time's they need to transport they call a transport company to professionally trailer the boat to where ever the want to go
While I agree with the economics........fact is it will still need to be trailered at some point. This boat probably won't be left in the water and I don't know of a single rack storage place that could rack this beast (19K lbs and 57+ ft long). Even "The Port" in Ft Lauderdale can't house this boat and they have rack storage up to 50ft with large beam (14 ft+).

Most rack storage places struggle to rack anything over 40 ft total length.......think about how long the forks would have to be on a 57 ft boat!
Old 03-03-2016, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
While I agree with the economics........fact is it will still need to be trailered at some point. This boat probably won't be left in the water and I don't know of a single rack storage place that could rack this beast (19K lbs and 57+ ft long). Even "The Port" in Ft Lauderdale can't house this boat and they have rack storage up to 50ft with large beam (14 ft+).

Most rack storage places struggle to rack anything over 40 ft total length.......think about how long the forks would have to be on a 57 ft boat!
I get it what about the lifts with the straps that pick up the big 100 foot yachts there every where down here in south Florida , Just think the owner make's a phone call @ 8 am and the boats in the water tied to the dock waiting for him by 10 am ,
When I had my 38 EC thats how they lifted mine every time I wanted to go boating , they didn't have a fork lift

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.