Boat vs. Wave Runner ends in fatality >

Boat vs. Wave Runner ends in fatality

Notices

Boat vs. Wave Runner ends in fatality

Old 09-23-2002, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Boat vs. Wave Runner ends in fatality

A 19 year old man was killed on the Toms River Sunday when his wave runner slammed into a boat. Details are sketchy but it appears that there was some kind of "road rage", the boat and the wave runner had a verbal argument, both headed towards each other... and the guy on the wave runner lost.... Maybe someone could post a link to the Asbury Park Press article when it comes out.
Another senseless tragic loss......
Old 09-23-2002, 07:17 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sure would like to hear the details behind that story. If the above is an accurate portrayal the waverunner operator is a candidate for a Darwin Award.
Old 09-23-2002, 07:30 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Press didn't have much on it.
Here's what I found.

Crash on Toms River kills personal watercraft driver

Published in the Asbury Park Press 9/23/02
By CHANDRA M. HAYSLETT
TOMS RIVER BUREAU
PINE BEACH -- A personal watercraft driver died yesterday when his watercraft collided with a 20-foot boat, police said.

The personal watercraft driver was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident, said Point Pleasant Marine Trooper Tim Werder.

Police would not release the victim's identity, age and hometown yesterday because his next of kin had not been notified. The accident happened around 2:40 p.m. on the Toms River.

The driver of the 20-foot boat, whose name, age and hometown also were not released, was taken to Community Medical Center in Toms River with minor injuries, Werder said.

Police are still investigating how the collision happened, Werder said, adding there was one witness who did not see the entire accident.
Old 09-23-2002, 08:20 AM
GRH

Originally posted by MrOffshore
Remember, accidents don't just happen, they're made to happen!
Then why aren't they called "intentionals"? ..... This "incident" is a tragedy without question.... and I wouldn't be surprised to find out it was somehow alcohol related....

Old 09-23-2002, 12:22 PM
Ranman

I guess if everyone everywhere remembered everything they were taught all the time, the world would be much safer. EVERY person makes mistakes...and quite often. Think about the last time you lcouldn't find your car keys that were in your pocket. People make mistakes, even the smartest ones. Carelessness is subjective and obviously sometimes we have bigger lapses than others. Most of the time it has very little effect on our daily lives. Sometimes carelessness can cost you your life. The smartest, safest person in the world is at risk of this. Recklessness is somewhat of another story. Recklessness has to do with being Indifferent to or disregardful of consequences. It is these cases that I have a harder time understanding.

"Want to see a cool trick?"
"OK, hold my beer and watch this."

Old 09-23-2002, 11:04 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just seems like there has been too many boating accident in Jersey this summer. More then I can recall in the past.