Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Goodwin power looking good >

Goodwin power looking good

Notices

Goodwin power looking good

Old 03-09-2016, 12:28 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

There's no question in my mind that the AEM Infinity is the best controller out there right now. In the hands of the right tuner there is no question that the safety and complexity of it and its peripherals are leaps and bounds ahead of previous ECUs. Doesn't matter what the environment it is used in is. They are willing and able to work hand in hand with the big guys out there. Boost Power, Goodwin, etc. Very cool stuff
Old 03-09-2016, 02:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad Ass TA WS6
There's no question in my mind that the AEM Infinity is the best controller out there right now. In the hands of the right tuner there is no question that the safety and complexity of it and its peripherals are leaps and bounds ahead of previous ECUs. Doesn't matter what the environment it is used in is. They are willing and able to work hand in hand with the big guys out there. Boost Power, Goodwin, etc. Very cool stuff
Does the aem ecu do staged injectors? One thing I like about the holley is the 31x31 map. But the aem does look pretty good.
Old 03-09-2016, 02:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
how many goodwin engines are in boats?
Not many. My guess is only 4 boats ever
Old 03-09-2016, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 14 apache
Does the aem ecu do staged injectors?
Yes.
Old 03-09-2016, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The AEM looks like a nice unit, but to say it's THE best controller out there right now...?

PROEFI is revered in the car world as one of the best. FuelTech looks promising. Personally, I am a fan of the Holley Dominator, as it's what I run on my turbocharged hot rod. I mean if it's good enough for Tom Bailey's 3600 hp pro-mod, it should be good enough for a boat mota, right?
Old 03-09-2016, 05:22 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty
Pretty sure not every boat with goodwins had 15 month old ethanol fuel left in the tanks and everyone knows what Mercury would say
Hope they all run great with the new efi
NK

Pretty sure(positive) 2 out of the 3 did have old fuel in them and the 3 being mine ... I drain the fuel if it sits over a month

There are three boats that have them.. The forth will be ready in a few weeks and the fifth will be out early summer.
Old 03-09-2016, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GATORONE
Pretty sure(positive) 2 out of the 3 did have old fuel in them and the 3 being mine ... I drain the fuel if it sits over a month

There are three boats that have them.. The forth will be ready in a few weeks and the fifth will be out early summer.
Man, if you drain month old fuel, how do you know the "new" fuel is good? Not trying to stir a pot, just trying to understand. Thanks!
Old 03-09-2016, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by dkwestern
I saw the 46 Skater Gotcha Now switched back to Merc 1350 in the classifieds. Were the Goodwins pulled for a new boat build? (Honest ?, not stirring any pot)
What did it run with the Goodwins before they were pulled?
Old 03-09-2016, 09:55 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by joew.
Man, if you drain month old fuel, how do you know the "new" fuel is good? Not trying to stir a pot, just trying to understand. Thanks!
Ethanol loses its octane pretty quickly(lots of studies on the subject) If you buy from a place that does lots of volume you usually don't have any issues.. I have internal and external knock meters, so if I have detonation from fuel it opens the boost bypass and bleeds off.. My dashes tell me if I have any knock
Old 03-09-2016, 10:10 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 790 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by GATORONE
Ethanol loses its octane pretty quickly(lots of studies on the subject) If you buy from a place that does lots of volume you usually don't have any issues.. I have internal and external knock meters, so if I have detonation from fuel it opens the boost bypass and bleeds off.. My dashes tell me if I have any knock
Time to update that profile pic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.