Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater >

Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater

Notices

Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater

Old 03-21-2018, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy
I do realize the heart and soul thing. I have built a few projects myself. The owner should talk to anyone who has attempted a long distance run and adjust there thoughts accordingly. This project must be close to the million dollar mark now if not more. Once again, best regards, Andy.
Andy is right, "The Owner" needs to talk to those guys that beat Fabio Buzzi's 800 mile endurance record from NYC to Bermuda - they will adjust his thoughts accordingly...!
Old 03-22-2018, 07:52 AM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 24 Posts

I do realize the heart and soul thing. I have built a few projects myself. The owner should talk to anyone who has attempted a long distance run and adjust there thoughts accordingly. This project must be close to the million dollar mark now if not more. Once again, best regards, Andy.
Im certain he's WELL beyond a million $$$ on this. I haven't done any ocean endurance runs but did the entire 1000 miles of the Ohio River from the Mississippi River to Pittsburgh, PA in 5 days in a single big block 25' Eliminator Daytona.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

light duty gm motors / the hell are u even on ??? Tyson , Tristan , Industrial are doing great stuff / have little respect
Old 03-22-2018, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Didn't the "owner" slay the record to Bermuda? Heart and Soul thing aside (which I totally understand and admire) Tyson has more knowledge, experience, tenacity, and patience than the majority of the people who have followed this post..............put together. I've never met him but if I do get the chance I'll be shaking the hand of a very rare human being. If I was going to plop my fat azz in a boat to go around the world the only way I would do it would be in a boat built by him. No offense Andy, but if I'm you, I'd take the time to read and not skim the thread so you can understand who and what you're commenting about. Unless of course your "projects" are of the scale and level as his. peace
Old 03-22-2018, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

The owner should talk to anyone who has attempted a long distance run and adjust there thoughts accordingly. Once again, best regards, Andy.
Who should I talk to?

A few of the well known guys who tried to set long distance (very short to me but long to them I guess) endurance records have failed and could not beat records that were set anywhere from 20-90 years ago and had to be towed in.

The guy that is the most well know in the world for doing long distance endurance records and has more long distance endurance records then anyone else set a record a few years ago that in his own words "was the farthest away from shore he has ever driven a boat" and "the most dangerous endurance record there is" and "that he welcomes any challengers but that he doubts it will ever be beat" ... Well we broke his record less then a year later. And I'm pretty sure were the only ones to break any of the records he has set in the last 20 years because in his own words "people sometimes try but nobody beats my records".

The Bermuda challenge that we have completed and set the record twice is 800 miles straight out in the north Atlantic, you can travel all the way around the world and stay closer to shore then we were on that run.

Chris did several years of research and planning before the Bermuda Challenge, And I have averaged several hours per day, every day since 2012 doing research and planning for doing endurance runs. So I'm not sure who I should talk to who has attempted a long distance run that would adjust my thoughts accordingly?

I guess if you could hook me up with someone to talk to about sun screen, the only thing we forgot to take with us on the Bermuda Challenge and as you can see from the photo we got really burnt. Or maybe a second umbrella so Chris would not have to wear the helmet to get out of the sun.

As I have said in the thread several times. There are no stupid questions or comments when someone is doing something that is risking there lives. Nobody knows everything and has experienced every situation. So if anyone has any input I gladly will accept it whether we use it or not. But if someone says were doing something wrong or don't know something then you need to have experience in what you are talking about, been in a situation where you learned something that is relevant to what we are doing that a normal person would not have learned. Or be an expert in a field that we are using. But don't just say were doing something wrong without a very good explanation of why and how to fix it.

Old 03-22-2018, 01:30 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Most polite and accurate MIC DROP i've ever heard.......
Old 03-22-2018, 02:01 PM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

If Andy had been a newbie with only a few posts, I probably would not have even replied and thought it was funny if everyone hammered him. But Andy has been a member on here since October of 2000 which is longer then 99.9% of the people on here. And he has posted almost 1400 times which means he has given conversation on here quite a bit. Good or bad.

This is a small group of people in our sport so no matter what size or kind of boat anyone has, if they are on offshoreonly and contribute to offshore style boats in any way it is helpful for all of us. Andy did not take the time to read through my whole thread or he probably would have realized what we have done and not posted what he did. He first post asking about the clear valve covers and hard exhaust is pretty normal thinking for someone that does not know exactly why we do what we are doing so there is no problem with that. The second post saying I should talk to someone who has done endurance runs, well before he said that maybe he should have read a little more of the thread first.

I went ahead and put my reply to be minimal dick but mainly funny and to let him know what we have done, and for other people not to have to hammer on him for what he said. We do not need to push anyone away from our sport.

plus he is from Canada, maybe he is just mad that Rosie O'Donnell might be moving up there.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:11 PM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 367 Posts

plus he is from Canada, maybe he is just mad that Rosie O'Donnell might be moving up there.
Oh I like it
Old 03-22-2018, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AllDodge
Oh I like it
Canada? That's go to be it!
Old 03-22-2018, 02:55 PM
Registered

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Tyson -- all the respect in the world to you for what you are trying to accomplish. I have been following this thread from the beginning and am in awe of the time, money, and tenacity that you have put into this project. I have been interested in building a diesel powered offshore for a while now and can't wait to see this project come to fruition. As we all know there are plenty of Andy's out there -- unfortunately....
Best regards,
Dave

BTW -- writing this from Canada...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.