Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Best LOTO Shootout Hotel/Resort with 50' slips??? >

Best LOTO Shootout Hotel/Resort with 50' slips???

Notices

Best LOTO Shootout Hotel/Resort with 50' slips???

Old 04-04-2016, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by boating37
Yes everyone is good, just trying to figure out what runs I can do with the boat this summer. So your heading out to LOTO.
Let know if I can help you with anything bud. You will not regret going there that is for sure. Been trying to Nick and them up there the last few years as well.
Old 04-04-2016, 10:27 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by CrownHawg
I'd think that CL 266 would beat the snot out of you as well! We have stayed at the Ledges for the past 3 years and it is great! Not sure if they have room for a 50', but you might check. We get there on Wed, I drop the boat in at PB2, unhook the trailer and meet the wife at the condo. It's almost too easy! Good luck and enjoy!
Not really. Those boats have a very sharp bow entry. I would run my drive neutral with a touch of tab and would go anywhere on the weekend. Just don't be in a hurry. I would run 26 - 30 MPH in the really rough weekend stuff without kidney damage and would only have to back off for the big cruiser wakes. Bud's Place used to sell the snot out of 266's when they carried them. They do surprising well.
Old 04-04-2016, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not knocking the Crownlines at all! I had two. On shootout weekend, anything under 40 ft can be perilous. I'm doing good to hit 30mph in my 32 footer now. No doubt the 266 CAN handle the washing machine, just saying it won't be a leisure cruise.... When you round a bend and see 3 50ft+ cruisers heading your way, you know things are gonna get squirrely.....
Old 04-04-2016, 04:43 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Seems like there's a big crowd staying at The Ledges this yr as we are too. It's location is awesome. Less than 5 min to PBC & about 15 from Camden on the Lake. Counting down the days. Ruffled Feathers gets there Wed Aug 24. 142 days left.

Old 04-05-2016, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by CrownHawg
Not knocking the Crownlines at all! I had two. On shootout weekend, anything under 40 ft can be perilous. I'm doing good to hit 30mph in my 32 footer now. No doubt the 266 CAN handle the washing machine, just saying it won't be a leisure cruise.... When you round a bend and see 3 50ft+ cruisers heading your way, you know things are gonna get squirrely.....
Lol! I've lost sight of land being in the ditch of some of those crossing 50' + cruiser wakes! Yeah you won't be running one hand on the wheel and another sipping a beverage. You'll have to be working/paying attention the entire time...with the occasional "holy sh!t!" thrown in!