Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What would you think of a cat with a full camper top? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/33554-what-would-you-think-cat-full-camper-top.html)

Intolerant1 09-23-2002 07:51 PM

What would you think of a cat with a full camper top?

Im starting to warm my wife up to the idea of a faster boat and frankly she is all for it. I would love to own an older cat, maybe even a project boat as I enjoy the wrenches as much as the throttles. Problem is I want a cat because there are very few here in Illinois. We also take at least one vacation a year and camp aboard our current 26' Liberator. I thought that a 26-30' cat with the option of a full camper top might be the perfect compromise. Ive never seen any set up this way and was wondering if anyine had tried it. ?

Cord 09-23-2002 07:59 PM

There is no reason why you can't do the camper package on a cat. The biggest problem would be if you try to use the boat with it up. Cats usually don't have windshields and it would be tough to look through the plastic for very long. Some of the boats have a partial canopy that would help with that problem.

OkieTunnel 09-23-2002 09:33 PM

No, I have not tried it. I think that is an excellent idea. I want a cabin and have been looking at Fountains in the 32-35 foot range. My wife says she wants another cat. None of the cats have a reasonable cabin that I have found except the Ultimate Warlock 31SXT, so I have been looking a little at them. A Warlock with camper canvas? Cool :D

rbtnt 09-23-2002 11:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have one on my 28 Daytona that is designed after my friends. It has 6'6" head room and full front plastic that goes in front of the short windshield. He has run 50 - 60 mph in the rain and cold with it. Just don't do it with the bimini only.

Here is the first of 4 pictures of my friends 28 Daytona

rbtnt 09-24-2002 12:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Picture numer 2 of 4

rbtnt 09-24-2002 12:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Picture 3 of 4. The front plastic(not installed) zips in the top and snaps just below the windshield. Mine snaps about a foot below the windshield because of my graphics and where the snaps would look better. The main top rolls up like most tops and is stored against the rear of the back seat with straps.

rbtnt 09-24-2002 12:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Picture 4 of 4

skatermike24 09-24-2002 07:08 AM

My 24 Skater has a bimini top for my little guy, love it!

straycat 09-24-2002 07:35 AM

camper top for cat

Awesome Powerboats also has pictures on their website of a 31 Thundercat with th full camper top. If you need the boat to go with it, let me know. Wife just told me we are expecting and ts time to sell the speedboat. Mine is a 1999 31 with twin Merc 600 SC.
www.awesomepowerboats.com

GRH 09-24-2002 07:41 AM

Hey STRAYCAT.... Congrats on the new addition.... results of the 1000 Island Poker Run?.... I met you up in AlexBay that weekend.... Your boat is spectacular... should be no problem finding it a new home.... BTW.... now that you have a place to keep it.... wanna rent your cellar for the winter? Just kidding..