Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Chief and Precision Team Up to Create Engine-Building Powerhouse >

Chief and Precision Team Up to Create Engine-Building Powerhouse

Notices

Chief and Precision Team Up to Create Engine-Building Powerhouse

Old 08-23-2017, 11:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well im not wanting to reinvent the wheel we have over 35k in the computers and tune but chief won't respond to requests or give us the password! Mark boos thinks he should just give us the password but he appears to hold the previous sales for Ransom. I guess its lawyer time i have too much into it to let this happen or start over! Hopefully when the word gets out he will go bankrupt and quit screwing people
Old 08-23-2017, 03:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 333 Likes on 124 Posts

He could just give you the password and a waiver....basically saying you assume all responsibility for the engines since you can not make changes to the tuneup. Sometimes guys are weird about people seeing their mapping. If its good and clean, nothing to worry about. But honestly I don't know any tuner that wants someone else mulling through their maps. Its just a thing...
Old 08-23-2017, 04:05 PM
Registered

My motors have NO WARRANTY and if he would let us access the rev limiter and the race tune we don't need to change anything other than rev limiter its set low at 6300 but i wanted to bup to 7k not even the 7300 they were set at before
Old 08-23-2017, 04:24 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,110 Likes on 1,401 Posts

Originally Posted by liquid prozac
well im not wanting to reinvent the wheel we have over 35k in the computers and tune but chief won't respond to requests or give us the password! Mark boos thinks he should just give us the password but he appears to hold the previous sales for Ransom. I guess its lawyer time i have too much into it to let this happen or start over! Hopefully when the word gets out he will go bankrupt and quit screwing people
I looked up your ECU's and they are $4,700 each. What was included in the 35k for the pair ? Wiring and sensors and install and tune ?
Old 08-23-2017, 05:00 PM
Registered

i guess so the most recent 4700 was to tune on Mark Boos dyno because it backfired , shifted rough and hard started . First 25k was computers sensors and original tune rest was tuning before i refreshed
Old 08-23-2017, 06:01 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

Buy 2 powerboat they said it would be bud cass. Sadly this how boating bites us all. We live the sport and dump tones of money to do it. Then we get our stuff worked on and it all goes to sh*t. Hope mark can get it all worked out for you. he. Is a EFI Genius.
Old 08-24-2017, 05:49 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by liquid prozac
i guess so the most recent 4700 was to tune on Mark Boos dyno because it backfired , shifted rough and hard started . First 25k was computers sensors and original tune rest was tuning before i refreshed
Old school Dominators are sure looking good right now...hopefully the added safetys of the EFI pay off.