How much would you pay.... >

How much would you pay....

Notices

How much would you pay....

Old 09-27-2002, 10:41 AM
jb
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Number one....dont ever bite your tongue, the info is great if with experience.

But what some others are saying is some folks have posted under new names or registered just to post or badmouth a cretain brand/person/company.
Thats definately not welcome.

I think your intentions are good...just your number of previous posts makes it suspicious
Old 09-27-2002, 10:50 AM
jb
Registered

IN my neck(northeast)..the boat is not well known. It would be a tough sell. I have seen some out this way that were sooo hard to get rid of because no one knew what it was.

The bigger you go the harder the sell...especially with a regional brand like envision. Remember the buyer gets a little more discriminitive as the $$$ goes up.
If you plan to keep the boat...no prob, If you plan to sell in a few could be tough to step up in $$$
I would price it less less than or at a 34 POwerquest similiar year retail.
same as a 36 Baja Outlaw....

I would want to be less than 150 for sure or as close to the pricing on a 32 aspossible

Last edited by jb; 09-27-2002 at 10:54 AM.
Old 09-27-2002, 11:23 AM
Cramer

First off Thanks for the replies...

Second as I have talked over with Frequency, and as he already knows I am a dealer.... . And what I am trying to figure is the resale so I can give my customer FAIR trade in on the boat. Because ABOS pulls all of there information on these boats from Broken Arrow. So the MSRP is listed at 214,000.00 and for resale list is 170k, wholesale high 140k and low at 130k. Which I think is outragous. Because thanks to my friends on OSO I have found that the boat sold for much less than that new. I wont go into the details for resons I think are buisness. So I have myself between a rock and a hard place, because when I told my customer that I would give him 135k for his boat he told me that he paid in the 180k range for it... So he ether got taken or he is lieing to me... And by the way so I dont look like a bad guy, the numbers I gave above are for a 2002 with 496 mags in it and his boat has 502 mags but they dont list it any other way so I have to kind of shoot from the hip any way.

Thanks for the help

Cramer

Old 09-27-2002, 11:34 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

number 1

Since you do not have a location down for your self we do not know where you are from, but if you have never been to L.O.T.O. on a holiday weekend you do not know how rough it can get.

I know of several people who own Envisions and they are very happy with them. They also all go to L.O.T.O. all of the time.

Since they own them they are the first to tell you that it is not the fastest boat out there but the ride is amazing. I know that is true since I've been on many of them.

Cramer
I dont know how much it is worth, but if you know Bert at Broken Arrow, and the boat is not there then just ask him that you found one forsale from another person and ask him what he thinks. I believe he is the type of honest person to tell you. Who knows he may have sold the boat originally and try to help you buy one, that way you tell all your friends about them and they come buy from him.

I wish Broken Arrow sold Powerquest's just because I feel that Bert is probably the best sales person I've ever met. Raymonds doesn't care about them.

Good luck finding out the information you are looking for.

P.S. for what it's worth, I think it is a good boat
Old 09-27-2002, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default An Idea!

Cramer,

I have the solution. EVERYBODY wins:

Show your customer Number 1's post and explain his boat is worthless, but you will give him $90K out of kindness. Then sell me the boat for $100K. He get's his new Donzi, you're not stuck with a boat, and I get a great deal.
Old 09-27-2002, 11:48 AM
DonMan

My .02

To answer your first question: I don`t think I would pay that much for an Envision. Why? I have never heard of that brand. No, I don`t live a sheltered life either. Where are they made? What sizes do they offer? I live in Texas, the most popular boats here (the ones you see the most of on the water) are in order: Baja, Fountain, Formula, Eliminator, and several others that are about equal. I feel a boats` resale value is directly related to it`s popularity. Maybe Envision is highly popular around LOTO, I have never been there, couldn`t tell you.

My .02.........

Old 09-27-2002, 11:53 AM
Cramer

Pwrqwst, I do know Bert. But the day I called he was out. I don't think he will tell me the price of the boat. One reason is he sold the boat to the customer that I am trying to trade out... But There is no where for this customer to go so he is looking to move up but Bert doesn't offer anything bigger than what the man ownes. So he is forced to look some where else for the boat of his dreams... Which is how we became friends and now are involved in buisness. He is looking to move up to a 38zx Donzi and has already rode in it and said that he absolutly loved the ride, in fact he said " That is probibly the only boat that rides better and tighter than my 36 Envision."

Thanks again

Cramer

Old 09-27-2002, 11:56 AM
Cramer

Frequency..

I will run that by him and see what he says.... by the way that already crossed my mind... Not about the 100k part but the post and see what he thinks of him trying to sell it himself....

But I wont that would be bad of me. Besides I think the Envisions are great boats for the right person. In other words THERE IS AN A$$ FOR EVERY SEAT!!

Cramer

Old 09-27-2002, 01:48 PM
DonMan

I have a NADA Marine Appraisal Guide here (this is what my bank uses). It lists a 2002 Envision Legacy 36' with twin 496 (375 hp) as $151K HIGH retail. It does not list average or trade values due to the 2002 year model.
By the way, I answered all my own questions:
Envision Boats Inc
Monmouth, IL
They have been building boats since the 1993 model. They offer boats from 26' to 36'.

Old 09-27-2002, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry DonMan, I dropped the ball.

As the resident Envision Evangelist I feel compelled to direct you to the following thread:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forum/sh...light=envision