Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Memeber's Ages - Professions (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/33616-memebers-ages-professions.html)

chrker 09-25-2002 03:57 AM

PROFESSIONAL
Mechanical Engineer by Degree. Currently I'm the Chief Technology Officer for a Commercial Software Development Company. Other notable jobs I've had are working at a large computer manufacturer here in Austin (Dude, you got a ....). Prior to that, I worked at a large energy company out of Houston that has been in the news quite a bit lately. Got out of there several years before it collapsed (thanks Mr. Lay for the worthless stock :mad: ).

BOAT
1996 25' Donzi ZX. 454/BI. Like a lot of others, it's for sale and I'm shopping.

PERSONAL
I'll be 38 next month. Happily married to my wife Leslie for 11-1/2 years (we started dating 14 years ago). No kids (I think that battle is about over). We have a 130 lbs. German Shepard Dog (Kimo). Other than working and boating, I play the guitar and love music. Last week, I went to a Journey concert (remember I'll be 38) and it had to be one of the top 5 concerts I've seen (and I've been to over a hundred).

Living to boat...boating to live.
-Chris

h2oski2fast 09-25-2002 04:02 AM

31 looking for my future exwife. No kids that I know of...........thank god! 1996 27' Advantage Victory w/ 509 ci gentry twin turbo system (what a mouthful that was), 900.1 hp and 876 ft/lbs @ 5800 rpm and 916 ft/lbs @ 4400 rpm (bravo drives love that, and I haven't broke one in 2 years) dynoed. The boat is a celebrity, only one ever featured in Car Stereo Review Mag ( because of it's modest sound system).But that .1 hp REALLY makes the difference! Oh yeah been on a waterski @ 107 or radar, but can't do that anymore.......gettin old! The older I get the faster I was! Just askme about it next year!

<------------------ My Biz!

Rick252 09-25-2002 05:40 AM

Well, I'm 52. I now have my third Baja, a 1997 Baja 252 and looking for another boat 30' or larger. Leaning towards a cat this time.
I'm a Lieutenant on the fire department and a fire investigator. I also do investigations for the County Arson task force. I do most of my boating at Lake Cumberland Kentucky. I also have a home there. Married to Drema for 30 yrs with 1 daughter 1 son-in-law and 2 grandkids. My 7 y/o grandson can drive the boat better than I can. When I'm not boating, we do a lot of 4-wheeling.

SPECIAL THANKS GO TO BLOWN 1100 for being older than me :D

29scarab 09-25-2002 06:16 AM

I'm 36

29scarab Whipplecharged 502mpi!! Runs like a bat out of HELL!!

Contract electrical engineer for various types of plants. I contract all over the U.S.

:D :D :D

hp500efi 09-25-2002 06:18 AM

Always a great idea. It's nice to know who we all are. :D

Real name is Jeff, 38 years old, married 15 yrs, 3 kids (all boys). Can't imagine the trouble I would be in if it wasn't for the wife and kids. :)

1999 Powerquest 280 Silencer + a garage full of ATV's and MX bikes to fill in the gaps when not boating.

Have a 02 F250 4X4 crew cab, PSD to haul the toys around.

Wholesaler of HVAC equipment. We also do alot of AutoCad engineering and design for new commercial buildings.

THRILLSEEKER 09-25-2002 06:32 AM

My name is Tony, I am 20, single and lovin it:D
I am self employed with ashphalt, brokering, and sand blasting busineses.

My tow pig is a 95 Chevy K2500
My pig is a 85 28 Cigarette ss

HyperBaja...its nice to know that I am not the youngest anymore:p

Dean Ferry 09-25-2002 06:34 AM

The name is the same, (Dean) 43 yrs. old, married this time for 3 yrs. ,in Dec. to my better half, Robin. Have 2 girls, Ally, (10) from previous marriage and Christi, (2). My girls are the best thing to EVER happen to me!!
I'm a DOD low-life, sub-contractor, presently working for Lockheed Martin.
Tow vehicle: 1995 F-350 crew-cab dually, PSD.
Boat: 1996 Velocity 280 with HP500 and all the goodies.
Live on Merritt Island, Fl, off Sykes creek, in the heart of Manatee country!!
Just want to go boating with Family!:D
MD

jr 09-25-2002 07:10 AM

Hey guys, my turn,

I'm Jeff and 34. I've been married to Kim for almost 10 years, actually 10 years next month. We have 3 kids, Samantha 8, Jake 4, and Katie 3. All three of the kids love the boat. The boat is a 86 26 ft Nova II. I've had the boat for 3 years and have been basically restoring it. Because everthing seems to be falling apart.

My daytime job is an automotive designer. My area is bumpers. Mostly I create the surfaces from the stylist's vision called surface layout. They use these surfaces to make the molds. I have to take the info from a clay model, then design the surface so its smooth and the reflections look good. I also do alot of other design work too. You have seen and maybe have used some of my work. Hopefully it stayed on. But there is alot more to it than you may think.

On the side have a woodworking business, Reynolds Woodworking. I make country plate racks, shelfs, and things like that. One of my Plate Racks may be used in Victorian Magazine, or Better Homes and Gardens. I have a website www.reynoldswoodworking.com (shameless plug) but I'm ashamed of it and have a better one in progress.

boatfreak 09-25-2002 07:20 AM

Well lets see where do I start.
Name Mike
Age 37
Job Farm 2300 acres of corn and beans
Animals 1 dog,2cats(everybody has barn cats) and 115 cows
Toys 2001 Active Thunder 28 496ho (It will do for now)
1967 Chevelle very clean car
1989 Honda 250R
1997 Ford F-350 PSD 4 wheel drive

BAJA WILL 09-25-2002 07:22 AM

Name, Will Murray 26 years old, Single ( and staying that way) Graduate of Virginia Tech work in IT industry, used to work IBM, now I work for Gartner Group, selling research in Semi-Conductor area.

I own a 27 2001 Fountain, with my Dad and brother, was going to buy one on my own but they said they wanted to use it so I said they got to pay for it also....

In process of buying a new tow vehicle,

Also preping for MBA as well.

WILL:p

GOFSTCAT 09-25-2002 07:26 AM

GOFSTCAT , paul but everyone calls me pauly, 36 single .. no kids
live in south florida . .....hi performance custom rigger for 10 years
and counting ,offshore racer to the core,crew chief for FASTBOATS.COM
my boat is a 20 mako o/f 225 yamaha v max

JIM H 09-25-2002 07:40 AM

age 42

married 6 year's no kids

boat 2001 formula 280 ss

car1) 1996 chevrolet tahoe
car2) 2001 bmw 323 ic

i own a car repair shop on long island new york

thats it!!
jim :D

BAJA WILL 09-25-2002 07:47 AM

Amityville NY,

That sounds familiar, don't you all have a haunted house or something????????????:p

pwrbotr 09-25-2002 07:50 AM

The name is Mike, handle is as you see it.....

Age: 27 in 2 weeks, happily single although I see plenty of MILF"S here at the beach.

Occupation:I play with rich peoples assets. Work in Private Banking for a large bank

Daily driver is a Tahoe which pulls the 2001 Powerquest 280 Silencer with all the goodies just fine. Looking to upgrade to a Diesel is preperation for the heavier boat:eek: :D

Also ride motorcycles...

----------
Whats the difference between a ***** and a slut? A slut seeps with everyone. A ***** sleeps with everyone but you:eek: :D

CigDaze 09-25-2002 07:50 AM

Hey Yaw'll:D (J/K)

The name's Nick, I'm 25 years old right now...I was younger once and I'll be older later. But anyway, I don't normally say yaw'll, actually I hate it, but it's funny.

I was born and raised in the northern-most cattle county of New Jersey, Vernon Valley to be exact. Some of you Northeasterners may have gone snow skiing there or visited Action Park. That's the only thing we're known for.

Winter sucks, snow sucks, cloudy skies and month-long rains suck, 4-month boating seasons suck, state taxes suck, inflated cost of living sucks, grumpy drivers suck and therefore I relocated to Daytona Beach, FL in 1995 to go to college at Embry-Riddle Aero. Univ. I got my Aerospace Engineering degree in '99 and now work for AAR Corporation's Composite's division.

I'm an engineer and we design, analyze, develop, test and manufacture all sorts of highly-engineered and optimized composites primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and spacecraft. It's fascinating work and relates in many ways to boating.

I'm happily married to my wife Erin, a.k.a. LADY DAZE, of 3 years, but she mostly lurks.

We're DINKs and love everything that boating and FL have to offer!

-2001 Baja 25 Outlaw SST, 496
-2002 FORD F-250 XLT, V-10 Auto, Supercab, Shortbed

Cheers! :D :D

pwrbotr 09-25-2002 07:53 AM

whats the plural of YAW'll?

ALL YAll's:)

CigDaze 09-25-2002 07:56 AM

Exactly, as in "All Yaw'll better quit drankin all my damn beers"

:D

29scarab 09-25-2002 07:58 AM

Hey watch it now!!!:mad:

You messin' with us southerner's or what!!!!

:D :D

That's one of our favorite words. It just about covers everyone!!!

boomer 09-25-2002 08:06 AM

Age 39

married 8 years, 5 and 3 year girls.

67 mustang Convertible full restored sold when the 1st kid came

88 Donzi Z-21 Sold when number two came.

Hope to be back in boating with in two years.

Process Enginner for a firm that specialize in the food industrie. Before that was an engineer for an explosives manufacture for 13 years (Boomer).

Am Addicted to this board an not affraid to lurk.

Shane 09-25-2002 08:18 AM

Cool Thread!

Shane Mahieu

30 (31 in 2 weeks)

Married 2 years to high school prom date Kristen, married her cuz no one else would put up with me!:D ;)

No kids, but the PROUD uncle of an autistic (asperger's syndrome) nephew (VERY HIGH FUNCTIONING) that has a memory like "rain man" and LOVES the Skater and tubing!

Dog: Yellow lab named Zoey on the way!

I have raced the Pennzoil Boat in the old Pro-Stock Class (now called Super Cat Light Outboard), B-Class with BruceK, B-Class in Richie Sutphen's old INFERNO, and in F2.

Boats: 1997 Formula 252SS with a 454MPI and Bravo3
1988 24 Skater with twin 2.5's
2002 Yamaha Waverunner 1400 4-Stroke
1997 Sea-Doo SPX

Sleds: 2000 Yamaha SXR700 dialed in
1997 Yamaha VMAX 600 XTC Dialed in
1994 Polaris Indy 500 SKS with an M-10 Suspension

Motorcycles: New Harley on the way this spring
2 Four Wheelers coming soon for me and the wife

Tow Vehicle: 1999 Chevy Z-71 extended cab

We live in Niskayuna, NY where we just built a new home and have a home on Lake George, NY (about 1hr. away). Up until we were married I lived at the lake alone! From time to time I get sent there when I get in trouble!;) :D

I am a volunteer firefighter and have been for 10 years.

Profession: I am a portfolio manager for an independent money management firm in Clifton Park, NY.

I am an OSO addict!:D

Shah Mat 09-25-2002 08:22 AM

Shah Mat is a 17th century Persian word that means the "King is dead"........ in english terms...........Checkmate
My screen name used to be sha- mat, and I had been wanting to correct it since my first post but,..........you know how it is. I just corrected it so this isn't my first post.

Name; Joey
Age; 33
Work; Verizon
My daughter; Joelle, age 10
Fiancee; Mary, we are getting married July 4th 2003
Her son; Cameron, age 11
Boats; 89 Checkmate Convincor 25' and a 78 Convincor 19'
Tow Vehicle; 1978 F250 4X4 Super Cab Camper Special
Daily driver; 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP and 1999 Jeep Wrangler
Toys; 1975 Nova street car/bracket racer small block power
10.50s on motor 9.90s on nitrous
Project in progress; 1951 Fiberglass Willys Jeep small block, 4speed for
power of course

Wally 09-25-2002 08:26 AM

My name is Walter, I'm 29 and single

By day i'm a division manager for March Manufacturing where we make seal-less mag-drive chemical transfer pumps. After work and on weekends i have a small side businees doing mobile marine work to keep me out of trouble, mostly stereos and dashbord gauge stuff. And when i'm not doing one of those two i can probably be found on some sort of motorised toy....be it a boat, snowmobile, dirtbike, etc... :D

Started in watercraft at 16 when i bought my first of 3 jetskis. After those i got a 16' sears POS from a neighbor that was throwing it away.... From there a friend and i bought a 1985 Baja 320. After that came the Scarab. I'm currently boatles :( as of this spring due to purchasing a house but i'm always looking and if all goes well i'll probably have something by next spring(I hope :) )

My tow vechicle was a 99 CrewCab Chevy Dually but i sold that off as well so now i have a 95 Jeep Grand Cherokee... may not be able to pull a house at 80-mph but its sure nice on gas! :D

Flyinbrian 09-25-2002 08:33 AM

Brian
Married just over a year.
2 golden retrievers, no kids(yet).
Outside Plant Engineer for SBC Ameritech.
Wife works for the a major evil Tobacco company:rolleyes:
Build full tube chassis, roll cages, drag cars, roundy-rounders, etc. with a friend on the side. Keeps me busy during the cold winters
1987 24 Skater
1984 Laser LTV 18 footer in the middle of a ground up resto.
199? Inflatable dive boat with 15 horse Johnson.
1965 Nova wagon street&strip car. Sub 10s in the quarter.
1998 Dodge Ram quad cab piece of **** tow vehicle.

Drive a beater Nissan downtown every day to take the door dings.

Never busy enough

SpeedGirl 09-25-2002 08:41 AM

Name: Heather

Born and Raised: White Plains, New York (30 Miles North of the City) Just bought a house in Mamaroneck, NY

Education: Bachelors Degree in Commercial Design

Profession: Graphic Artist for a Real Estate Company and a part-time realtor

Pets: Dog (Cavileer King Charles Spaniel) Name: Brandi

Marital Status: Engaged.... Haven't set a date yet (Was waiting to buy a house... I got the house now i need to get off my butt and set the date!)

Fianceé: Jason - Marine Mechanic

Vehicle: 1992 Full size Chevy Blazer and His Truck: 1997 GMC Crew-Cab Dully

ATV: Wolverine with a plow

CigDaze 09-25-2002 08:44 AM

Love the avitar, Speed Girl!
Now make it stop teasing us! :D :D

Risk Taker 09-25-2002 08:46 AM

Re: Cool Thread!

Originally posted by Shane
.....Married 2 years to high school prom date Kristen, married her cuz no one else would put out for me!......:D ;)
Sorry Shane, couldn't resist.......:D ;)

Name: Bill
Business: Insurance Agent
Married (this time) 7 months, no kids yet
Currently boatless (had to buy a house instead...thanks honey), however I join Phknlwyr on his pipe sniffing trips to TNT (LOL)

SpeedGirl 09-25-2002 08:47 AM

Originally posted by Baja Daze
Love the avitar, Speed Girl!
Now make it stop teasing us! :D :D

:D :D :D ;) ;) ;)

rainmn 09-25-2002 09:11 AM

I'm Ray, 32, married about 3 1/2 years.
We have one daughter, Lindsey, who is coming up on her first birthday in a couple weeks.
Also have a Black Lab that the wife named Penelope. Don't ask.
I work as a bid support manager for Avaya (Used to be part of Lucent)
Cars:
Mine - 2000 Excursion
Hers - 2000 Saab 9.3
Boat - POS Crownline that was supposed to be sold many times now. Then we bought another house. Then I put a new kitchen in that house. And so on, and so on. You know the story. Looks like this spring it's finally going to happen. We'll see.

SUPERSTITIOUS 09-25-2002 09:12 AM

Real name is Gary
Married to my lovley wife Susan for 4+ years
a beautyful son Dylan 26 mo. old
24' Superboat
96 Fatboy
00 Dinali
93 Nissan PU
01 John Deere GT 225...
plus a multitude of other crap!

SUPERSTITIOUS 09-25-2002 09:14 AM

Oh yeah...I manage a car dealership....

SUPERSTITIOUS 09-25-2002 09:16 AM

Damn it forgot the three Samoyeds and 2 simese cats that help keep my sanity

WHITE-DIAMONDS 09-25-2002 09:35 AM

Spencer

26 years old

born/raised - Tulsa, Ok

diamond wholesaler

married 3 years

kids - 2 Staffordshire Bull Terriers

Boat - 1979 Chris Craft Excalibur 32'

Truck - 2000 Excursion 4x4

Toy - 2001 Yamaha Banshee

http://www.tulsagold.com/ccc12.jpg

dockrocker 09-25-2002 09:37 AM

My name is Mike, 34 years old, married for 3.5 years to the lovely and talented Tirzah. 8 month old daughter, Morgan, who loves to make engine sounds (that's Daddy's girl! :D ). One extremely big dog, 110 lbs of Mastiff mix mutt named Duggan.

Technical delivery manager for a large IT services firm, where Every Day Sucks ;) Currently job shopping in sales and consulting.

Mrs. DR is a full time Mom and works much harder than I do. When Morgan was born we went from DINKs to one income and a baby, hence no boat.

Hoping to get a new boat next year. Previous boats include a 1988 Searay 23' Cuddy (40 mph if you dropped off a tall building!) and 1999 Powerquest 280.

HyperBaja 09-25-2002 10:03 AM

Originally posted by IDRPSTF
HyperBaja is 15 and spells better than I do. Has a better job. And has a girlfriend. Paint it any color you want kid, A girlfriend untill Sunday is still a girlfriend!!!
True, after here, will have to pull up the waiting list, guess i am liked because of the boat;)

Uncle Toys 09-25-2002 10:10 AM

Welcome to the board OG Outlaw 24. Yeh, its been done a couple of times before, but it’s always fun! One of the unexpected pleasures of this board has been the people I’ve met from all around the country.

Age 49.833 years (but I am still not Too Old)

Family:
Still married to my first love – 22 years now.
Big strapping son who we miss because he lives at college now.
A board-lurking daughter who’s beauty will take your breath away (“little princess” a.k.a. Starfish)

Boat - Eliminator Daytona 26 with twin 6.2 Mercs (see Reader’s Rides or Members Gallery)
Use the V10 X to tow.

Display name - provided by my sisters eight-year-old boy (his father has always been known as Uncle Wrench). We were dirt poor when I was a kid. Now that I have achieved a little financial success, I get a great deal of pleasure when friends and family bring up their little ones and I get to see them go wild with all the toys.

Profession – my business card says Senior Analyst. Shane would tell you I am a Money Manager or a Portfolio Manager. I consider myself a professional cogitator.

Water haunt – the beautiful-blue waters of Lake Havasu (a.k.a. sanctuary).

Addictions – Chocolate-chip cookies, being right, and OSO of course.

Aspirations – to do a better back-flip off the transom than Tank ;)

TulsaLarry 09-25-2002 10:11 AM

Hey gang!

Raised in the Los Angeles area.
Tour in the Marines
Texas Tech Alum
18 years as a broker with Morgan Stanley/Dean Witter, 16 years making money for people and the last 2 years losing it for them.

Currently boatless, waiting for the market to turn to buy a boat and if it turns up enough I will retire.

Age 54, makes me one of the senior members on the board.
Married forever with one son, Nathan, in Tampa and two daughters here in Tulsa.

rockstrmkr 09-25-2002 10:19 AM

Real name - Hans

age- 39
married w/2 kids...9 month old boy Sebastian, 3+ year old girl, Gabriella

Business card - VP of A&R, MCA Records
What that boils down to - I sign artists to MCA records, and shepherd them through the process of making an album, etc...

boat- 24'ft Baja outlaw SST....currently for sale..
next boat - clearly an Apache 41' :D

PokerFace 09-25-2002 10:21 AM

Neat thread....

My name is Barkley and I am 46. Been married 6 years and my wife Dee had our first child 11 months ago while I was driving to the Keys to do my "hobby", driving a Pace Boat for the APBA. I also go to 3-4 Pokerruns a year.
My boat is a 2001 Formula 353 Fastech

I have owned a Marina on Lake Lanier for 10 years this January. We are the smallest marina on the Lake but we try harder. The only one with 24 hour Gas dock and Marine Store, Towboat/US Towing Servce, Restaurant, Service and Dock repair.

Strike 09-25-2002 10:30 AM

Well, I guess I am one of the older on OSO, 59!

Past boat racer, past APBA Ref., Past race chairman for
hydros and offshore.

Our Marina is full service and on the Niagara River.

See you at the Annapolis Boat show Oct. 17th. if
you are going. Pussers at 4:00 PM!

"GO FAST, TURN LEFT!"

Pocket Change 09-25-2002 10:39 AM

Real name - Rick

Age - 40

Status - Single, no kids (that I have to pay for) :D

Job - Software engineer at a major furniture manufacturer,
Slumlord, Carwash owner

Boat - 42 Fountain Signature 3X454's (FOR SALE)

Fav boating location - Grand Haven

Tow Vehicle - in/out service, looking for F250 Diesel
Daily Driver - 99 Expedition
Weekend Driver - '01 Triple Black Vette

Minor OSO poster, MAJOR OSO Lurker