Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
You know you've got a keeper when.............. >

You know you've got a keeper when..............

Notices

You know you've got a keeper when..............

Old 04-11-2016, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 1,819 Likes on 711 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Nice old hydrostream! I love those boats and still think that is where reggie got the idea from.
Thx. That boat was a blast.
A freagin rocket from 30/40 roll. Ran 101 w/a work bench JohnRude and was the sleeper from hell.
Way more left but ran out of motivation before getting there. It kept your attention above about 80.

On the beak, me too. Mine was a '77 so we know who had one first.
Attached Thumbnails You know you've got a keeper when..............-stream-alva-fla-flying-10-03-scream-versdion.jpg  
Old 04-12-2016, 07:43 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Twin O/B - She is DEFINITELY a keeper. Love the story.
Old 04-12-2016, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine is a keeper as well,( I guess), wanted to sell the Cig this year and she said absolutely not. LOL
Old 04-12-2016, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic
We don't even tell people that anymore cuz they always laugh and then ask the same question

The wifes employer closed their Fla office and gave her choice of severance/staying and adapting to **** Fla economy or transfer/raise/promotion/buy our house/move us etc.
Plus at that time we had twin 1 yr old grand sons in Columbus and I had parents in Cols in their mid '90's. Lost my my mom 3 months ago and pop is struggling.
Was an easy call plus did excellent w/difference in property value of Fla and sticks/Ohio!.

Plus as we also tell people all the time, living down there is way different than visiting.
I love living down here!! 2 years and counting--the boating just rocks down here. Couldn't imagine leaving and heading north!
Old 04-12-2016, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Twin, you don't disappoint with you stories and pics, and yes she is a Keeper.
Old 04-13-2016, 05:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by twinscrews
Mine is a keeper as well,( I guess), wanted to sell the Cig this year and she said absolutely not. LOL
Love it!
Old 04-13-2016, 05:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Powerquest_Baby!!
I love living down here!! 2 years and counting--the boating just rocks down here. Couldn't imagine leaving and heading north!
Good for you!!
We loved it too. Every place has goods/bads. One of our issues was living in an area w/no industry, as in no jobs.
Gorgeous area but everyone there w/good jobs commuted an hr n a half to Orlando. One friend was working on yr # 15!
Cost of living was at least +50% to where we are now.

Boating in salt water was..........., an education. While down there, I restored a 24' twin O/B Sonic and it's steel trailer. Could afford a new aluminum after writing the check for the restoration and the trailer fit/towed perfect. Sand blasted to bare metal, primed painted, all new brakes etc.
The brakes lasted through two salt immersion's even after flushing through their hose attachments! Rest of trailer lasted 2 yrs!

All the boating we did was in shallow ass water and/or 30 MPH freagin Manatee (hate those bastards!) zones where you had to be on your toes all the time.
Once we harassed all our northern friends from the boat on Christmas, New Yrs, Thks Giving etc, it all ran together.

Loved it down there, miss it every day, have tons of Cracker Ass buddies down there but life got way better after we moved back up here after 9 yrs down there.

Glad you are enjoying your new home. It is gorgeous down there.
Old 04-13-2016, 06:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by masi242
Twin, you don't disappoint with you stories and pics, and yes she is a Keeper.
I'm here for you Brother
Old 04-13-2016, 06:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

:cool-smiley:sounds like you are a fortunate , smart , and or lucky guy / keeper is very cool / crazy Canadian here , we are still in storage / suscribed
Old 04-13-2016, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine's a keeper too...came time to trade vehicles in December...she urged me to trade my '05 Escalade along with her '02 Lexus ES 300 on something new for her to drive. (I drive an '05 'Benz S500). So I asked "what will we pull the Formula with? " she advised me to pick something out. So we decided on a 2016 Yukon with Max Tow (8500#).

[IMG][/IMG]

When we sat down to close the deal the salesman at GMC asked how we were going to finance the purchase. My wife reached into her purse...whipped out her check book...winked at me and said "We'll be paying cash."

She then looked back at me and said "Love You Baby !!"

I'm thinking we need to go to some boat shows !! LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.