Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
anyone on the board work for mercury evinrude or another ob manufacturer, warrranty q >

anyone on the board work for mercury evinrude or another ob manufacturer, warrranty q

Notices

anyone on the board work for mercury evinrude or another ob manufacturer, warrranty q

Old 04-19-2016, 08:32 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,043 Likes on 1,355 Posts

Buy some Yammies, paint them black and put on Mercury stickers, you be the king, Boss.

Last edited by F-2 Speedy; 04-19-2016 at 08:39 AM.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:18 PM
Registered

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Looks like a great place........pass
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9zg1r7UfbY
Cartagena is a shthole, the beaches suck, the sand is brown and gravely... i dont like cartagena at all...

Im on a caribean island two hours from there, its like the bahamas white sand beaches crystal cleat water... its really beautiful on the island... really laid back. Rm
Old 04-19-2016, 11:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 33outlawsst
Buy some Yammies, paint them black and put on Mercury stickers, you be the king, Boss.
The 350 yamahas are a monsterous v8, the 350 verado a blown six... id rather have the verados, everyone else maxes out at 300hp...rm
Old 04-19-2016, 11:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hogie roll
4t? The 300 zukes can be had for less than $17k ea. I've heard the warranty isn't quite as good as some others, but rarely needed. Yamaha 250s and 300s are good, a little more coin. All later verados have a good reputation. Avoid Yamaha 225s and 350s. Avoid early suzuki 4s 250s.
In the states maybe. I git a price of 170million pesos or 73k sollars at 2300 pesos per dollar which is where the pesos usually is, its at 2900 now but doesnt matter as my coin is in pesos.

Id like to buy a pair of any big 300s or 350s in the states ship em to panama and run the boat up, and mount em there... it would save me a ton of coin. If i csnt do that i will probably buy engine in panama in the duty free zone, it will still save me a bunch. Rm
Old 04-20-2016, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Suzuki is coming out with a 350 very soon
Old 04-20-2016, 01:44 PM
Registered

Received 568 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by nofastboat
Suzuki is coming out with a 350 very soon
Got anything to back that up? They showed a 300+ concept years ago, never to be heard of again.
Old 04-20-2016, 03:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Worked for Mercury a few years back and they have different programs for different countries, Canada was even different than the USA. They also frown upon dealers selling outside of thier own territorial area and country. International markets are another world on thiee own again. Good luck
Old 04-21-2016, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by iliveonanisland
Griff ive always tried to buy american made stuff whenever possible my entire life. Ive got 60k worth of rockwell delta, snap on, rigid, dewalt etc etc all american made toolz, both of my hotrods have big block chevys in em all american made stuff, american made tires, i still love the usa bro...

Its way more than cheap women griff, the usa has turned into such a police state that ive had enough of the bs.... look at all the constant new laws passed in the usa every year by our scumbag lawmakers... most are made to extract coin from your wallet to fund our bloated government... you give up more personal freedoms everyday... government spying on you... big brother is here bro.

how about homeland security going to the marina where the 32cc i bought was located as soon as i bought it from spying on my emails... f that noise nsa is so far up americans azzes it pathetic....

Noise laws, speed laws, tax laws, whens the last time your taxes went down?

The other day i saw a guy going off arguing with a traffic cop on the side of the road, all i could think was dayum if that dude did that in the states he would have been tazered and arrested..

Our bloated government is flushing the country down the toilet, and the lawyers are redistributing everyones wealth, look at what you pay for home owners, car, boat, and health insurance etc etc etc, if youre a busniess owner what are you paying out for workmans comp etc etc etc we as a country have lost our competitive edge, 47% of the country on government assistance... if hillary or bernie are elected, the country will never recover...

Just think another 20 million on welfare, another 20 million democrat voters, another 10 trillion in debt.... you are living in the next venezuela but just dont know it yet..

hell im from baltimore look what a cesspool our beloved democrats have turned my birthplace into... its a warzone... the welfare state owns that city now...but yeah i still try to buy american made when ever possible... but i will probably end up with a pair of suzuki 300s on the back of my 32cc... the other black motors... peace out...rm
You can't have it both ways, you take the good with the bad where ever you are.

Either you like the US for the life style / security / whatever and that includes low prices and great warranty on the Merc motors and all the other Items, but take the other BS like the stuff the government is doing with it. Or you move out/move on to some other place that has its own great benefits but also has it's own BS like over priced imported American goods. I'm in Canada and for lots of reasons I love it here, but our weather sucks and I pay more for American stuff too.