Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up

Saber28
Thanks for the reading.
Old 09-26-2002, 06:20 PM
DallasHeat

Excellent artical, makes me want to read the whole story (Blue Thunder). Ordered the book but Amizon couldn't find it and refunded my money. Anyone have any idea where to find Blue Thunder?

DallasHeat

Old 09-26-2002, 07:14 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I BELIEVE JOHN CROUSES SEARACE WEB SITE OR BORDERS BOOKS. THANKS FOR SHARING THAT WITH US . IT MUST OF TAKEN ALONG TIME TO DO THAT... GREAT BOOK (BLUE THUNDER) READ IRON FIST ABOUT E C K

Last edited by racesdad; 09-26-2002 at 07:17 PM.
Old 09-26-2002, 07:36 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Amazon.com had 3 sellers with Blue Thuner(used). They range $154-$192. Believe or not the original list price was $52.00
Old 09-26-2002, 07:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My Personal reflection Where and what exactly I was doing that moment I learned of the Shooting down on 188 can Never Forget!

I’ll say this Mr. Aronow was very well liked by a lot of people, when we first heard the News he was shot my Cuban Glass crew started Praying for him. As for myself I was hoping he would pull through.

There were conflicting reports that day of him both alive and having passed away. Once it was learned of His Passing we knocked off work .Then the Rumors Started

The Place has never been the same without the King.
Old 09-26-2002, 08:26 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Saber, thanks for posting this. That was some very interesting reading.

I wonder what he would be up to now, had he not been killed.
Old 09-26-2002, 09:16 PM
TulsaLarry

Saber,

Thanks for the article, I have heard a lot about Don Aronow over the years but this is great insight. There are a lot of pages on the internet, if you do a search, but the real question is who is right and who is wrong. I want to believe that Aronow was a good American caught up with the wrong guys and did the moral or right thing and it cost him his life. We may never know but that is fine with me as long as I believe that he was a pioneer in performance boats.

Sometimes it is better not to know about your hero's personal life than it is to know what they accomplished.

Old 09-26-2002, 09:28 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,714 Likes on 3,786 Posts
Thumbs up

saber when are you going to read us another boattime story
Old 09-27-2002, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boy did I hose up...
Last week amazon had a used copy of Blue Thunder for $70, and a used signed copy (Burdick) for $95. Didn't want to buck up the coin at the time.. gone. Your right Lucididee2, now cheapest copy $154. Anybody want to sell me their copy?
I'll check Crouses site.
Is that the site OSO used to have a link to? I was thinking OSO used to sell the books in the online store?
MrOffshore, I don't know.. I want to read some other versions of the story before commenting, although I do agree with TulsaLarry.
This is great stuff! I read 'King of Thunderboat Row' last weekend pretty much cover to cover with little rest. Wished I had bought the Blue Thunder at the same time.
As far as a movie, you can't make this stuff up, no doubt it would be a great movie. Look at the garbage out there that is selling now? Throw in some fast boats and cars, a couple hot babes, instant hit!

Quick Reply: man who killed don aronow!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.