Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Need an enclosed shower and head in 1. Any ideas? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/33705-need-enclosed-shower-head-1-any-ideas.html)

boot 09-25-2002 09:11 PM

Need an enclosed shower and head in 1. Any ideas?

Just getting ready to start building my Kenworth motor home /toter home . Trying to keep the body small to be able to get around with my 39' express cat. Maybe 18-20' body .I want the master bed big and "salon" big so the head must be small but usable. I have seen boats with the toilet IN the shower enclosure ( KInd of like a sit down set up but nice). Can't remeber what boat . Maybe a formula PC or some other cruiser . I have plenty of head room for a standup but not much floor space left . Can anybody tell me who makes this setup or what boat may have one to look at ?

Where's all my motor home buddies ? WHere gonna have to have a pow wow on the fine art of building this monster !:D

While we're on the subject , Does anyone know of a good chat board for motor homes ? Need to get liscencing , registration , and insurance info. THanks !

Audiofn 09-25-2002 09:32 PM

My fathers sailboat had a set up like that. There were seperate nobs for the shower and the toilet. Very simple actually. Just make sure that there is not way for water to get out as it will in a confined space like that. Makes you apreciate your shower at home after a couple days on the water :D:D

Jon

Ted G 09-25-2002 09:35 PM

How about a home-style fiberglass shower stall and then just mount a head inside plumbed to a holding tank(flexible??) You may also be able to mount a small sink in one corner for teeth brushings, etc. They come with one piece or folding glass doors for tight spaces. I would epoxy some pipe holders on the back of the thing and make the whole thing removable for service.

mika 09-26-2002 12:30 AM

My buddy who builds race car haulers might have some info on the RV showers. I know he orders seats/couches from some RV place. He uses full size showers in his but I think the "cabin" is about 28 feet. I'll find out tomorrow and e-mail you.

did you ever get those pic's of that 5th wheel set up I sent?

boot 09-26-2002 07:39 AM

THanks everyone .

Mika, Thanks . Every bit of help I can get is great. I am looking for a place to buy all the interior stuff at wholesale as I am a dealer too. BUt I can't figure out where to get any of it .(AT wholesale that is.) And yes, I did get those pictures .THanks . I realy thought I sent you back a thank you at that time ????

THanks ,JOE

wannabe 09-26-2002 08:38 AM

Boot

I would contact several Motorcoach builders and ask for the purchasing Dept. They must buy this exact kind of thing for their coaches. There are a lot of coach builders in Tenn. and Indiana. Try there first.

Wannabe

mika 09-27-2002 10:53 PM

Joe,
Check your e-mail.