Problems with Arneson 7M Surface Drives >

Problems with Arneson 7M Surface Drives

Notices

Problems with Arneson 7M Surface Drives

Old 05-09-2016, 02:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with Arneson 7M Surface Drives

I have 2013- 338 Skater that has only 30 hours, with Arneson Marine 7M drives. I would like to know how many other peeps are having manufacturing/set up issues with Arneson Marine drives. During the building process of my Skater, myself, Rik from Arneson and others had numerous meeting and dinners. This way they had an understanding of speeds I was looking to get from my Skater. Remember Rik what you asked my wife and her response. You asked her if I could do it, what did she say, "If you could build drives that can handle it that Louie could drive it." From the very first time and ea time after, drives ever hit the water there has been issues. First time rubber boot fell off taking out one of my props, which I had to pay for prop repair, and Rik was sending me new rubber boots. Well they must be lost in the mail cause I have never seen them, I have asked about new ones over and over again for 2 yrs now. Second time took boat out it blows a trim cylinder and oil was leaking everywhere. after that trim cylinders blew two more times. I have had the boat for 3 seasons now and have yet to have boat set up correctly due to these drives constantly breaking with no help from Rik. I know for fact others are having same issue, cause I have spoken to them (all well known boat racers/companies /people with same boat as mine). All have expressed having the same issues with drives. Everyone of them agree that it is a bad design of drives. Rik @ Arneson has had my drives now for over 4 months after I had one drive break during a poker run,(see attached pics). Rik and I spoke regarding repairs Rik agreed to repair drive for no cost and re-gear drives(I agreed to pay for new gears) and install the stronger cases that he now has(obviously he has built stronger cases for this set up since he has had so many fail ) so I sent them to him. I have called multiple times in the beginning I got run around about waiting to get the gears made. Now Rik won't even answer his phone or return my v/m. I guess since I am just a small time racer and not a big money customer, then he is not concerned with me or my business. I just wanted to warn others about these drives and customer service issues. I don't want to see anyone else losing their hard earned money or maybe even people getting hurt or killed over these drives, he needs to step up to the plate and stand behind his product like a business owner should do.

Last edited by Crazy Dayz Skater; 05-10-2016 at 08:55 PM.
Old 05-09-2016, 02:32 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can someone please pass me the butter and salt shaker???
Old 05-09-2016, 02:36 PM
Registered

Last edited by Crazy Dayz Skater; 05-10-2016 at 08:56 PM.
Old 05-09-2016, 02:48 PM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

Uno...
Old 05-09-2016, 02:52 PM
Registered

Received 743 Likes on 401 Posts

Dos...
Old 05-09-2016, 03:17 PM
Registered

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

What power?
Old 05-09-2016, 03:21 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I deal with Rik@Arneson for years.

No problems with his product
No problems with his promises.
Old 05-09-2016, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Sucks to hear, Louie!
Old 05-09-2016, 04:01 PM
Registered

NOT ALL TRUE HERE.
First of all, Louie I have never talked to you about the drives on my boat. Don't be posting **** about me!
I have more hours in a 338 Skater than anyone and anytime I call RIK @ Arneson, he is always helpful in answering my questions and offering help. I have ran my boat with all the big boats right down the channel at LOTO without any problems.
I'm sure your classy post will get you great service from RIK. Just remember he is Arneson so he could tell you to take a hike.

TRUMP for President
Old 05-09-2016, 04:54 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Shots fired!

Subscribed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.