Problems with Arneson 7M Surface Drives >

Problems with Arneson 7M Surface Drives

Notices

Problems with Arneson 7M Surface Drives

Old 05-10-2016, 03:34 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

47Excalibur on here ran #7's and 1200 a side on that Huge Excalibur, IIRC the drives were modified per RIK but I cant find the thread
Old 05-10-2016, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

The boot coming off could be because a clamp broke or because someone forgot to tighten it correctly during the install. The drive failing with 1100+ HP is not surprising - to me at least and I am a relative novice on the Arnesons. The multiple trim cylinder failures are troubling.

Either way it sucks that you are going through this. Hope that you and Rik
can work it out.

Last edited by Marginmn; 05-10-2016 at 03:51 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-10-2016, 03:48 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

This was the thread I was thinking about "Arneson and Skater come together to build one Bad Ass Fat Boy!" http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ml#post3862662
Old 05-10-2016, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

Well im waiting for rik to weigh in on this mess...
however it seems rik made the call on putting these 7 drives in front of big power.

Personally i would have put 8s on it so i could beat on it with no worries. When your spending this kind of coin on a boat whats another 20k to install the 8s, the weigh diff cant be more than 75 or 8 lbs a side or half the weight of a really fat girl... and you could mount your batteries forward if the weight changed the trim/ attitude...

The thong i find disconcerting is rik not responding to his customers call msgs and facebook attempts to contact him...
and there was another story on this thread about blowing another guy off for 3 months or so...wtf

worst of all, having your 300 or 400k dollar boat sit for a season due to poor customer service is inexcusable...period imagine taking a 35 k a year or more depreciation hit on a boat you cant dip...

Last edited by iliveonanisland; 05-10-2016 at 04:06 PM.
Old 05-10-2016, 04:04 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't help but think that there is something in the "back story" that's not getting discussed in these posts. Rik has been in business for a long time. I don't see other customers taking a swipe at him here. Some months back when a guy had an issue with Cobra Power and posted on OSO, a lot of people who also had issues with them came out and told their story.

Guys like Rik that have been around for a long time usually don't turn into bums as time goes on. It's not typical to start ethically and then become unethical as time goes on. Louie, is there anything going on in the background that would make Rik ignore this issue - like you owe him money from past dealings, you didn't follow some maintenance regimen that resulted in the failure, etc.?
Old 05-10-2016, 04:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CoolSpot
I can't help but think that there is something in the "back story" that's not getting discussed in these posts. Rik has been in business for a long time. I don't see other customers taking a swipe at him here. Some months back when a guy had an issue with Cobra Power and posted on OSO, a lot of people who also had issues with them came out and told their story.

Guys like Rik that have been around for a long time usually don't turn into bums as time goes on. It's not typical to start ethically and then become unethical as time goes on. Louie, is there anything going on in the background that would make Rik ignore this issue - like you owe him money from past dealings, you didn't follow some maintenance regimen that resulted in the failure, etc.?
The boat only has 30 hrs on it in 3 yrs.he was completely paid in full for these drives before they were installed on the boat.

Last edited by Crazy Dayz Skater; 05-10-2016 at 04:21 PM.
Old 05-10-2016, 04:55 PM
Registered

Does anyone have any good advice on how i should handle this with Rik. Weather it be legal or whatever best way to handle this situation.can pm me.

Last edited by Crazy Dayz Skater; 05-10-2016 at 05:49 PM.
Old 05-10-2016, 07:30 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

All you can really do in the short term is see if he responds which he will surely have to.

I don't understand why the drives survived on the 47 excalibur and not on your boat.

I really don't understand why he is not coming up with the parts to make this right.
Old 05-10-2016, 07:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CoolSpot

I agree owe money from past dealings, maybe over trimming trying to get boat to accelerate with big props?
Rick has always been there for anything I need. I bought a boat from him 15 years ago and have been dealing with him ever since.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 83 Likes on 37 Posts

If the gear sets were custom you would be waiting for awhile. I bet if you went back to the previous gear sets you might get the drives back faster. I mean, you can always change the gears after they are done. At least you can get the boat back together in the mean time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.