Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Info. on 28' Profile cat ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/33725-info-28-profile-cat.html)

onemomoto 09-26-2002 09:02 AM

Info. on 28' Profile cat ?

Can anyone give me some info. on 28' Profile cats, good, bad any thing you got !!! Thanx Rob :confused:

Caincando1 09-26-2002 10:14 AM

A group of us are planning a trip to the factory this fall or winter. Its only about 2 hours from me. Untill then I know nothing, sorry.

Brian

Rick252 09-26-2002 01:10 PM

Family and Performance boating Mag did an article on the 28 Profile a couple of months ago.

X-Rated30 09-26-2002 03:32 PM

A friend of mine had one last season with a 500 efi. Nice boat, but only ran about 82. I always thought that was slow for the boat, but it may have been in his setup.

To the good, I liked the lines of the boat. It looked way faster than it was. Price on it was good, too. Oh yeah... It was a CHICK MAGNET. :cool:

jbrauer 09-26-2002 04:59 PM

bajamag just got a new one this year. He should be able to help you out. If you can't get him try ewb.

Good Luck!!

Goody76 09-26-2002 06:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have an 01 28 cat see readers rides it is a purple and yellow cat with 750 hp, Imco xr, Herring 5-blade that runs 108-110 on gps. For the money that you spend you get alot plus the quailty is top notch being that Randy only makes a handfull a year but it is quailty not quantity. It handles great for its size, has great lines to it and an awesome looking deck plus it isn't a "me too" boat as they are rare or atleast around me in Jersey they are. Talk to Tom or Randy they will give you the top notch treament plus a tour of the whole plant.
Email me at [email protected] and I will be glad to talk to you on any questions you have.

Goody76 09-26-2002 06:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is one more shot. It looks pretty evil coming at you at a 100!

FAST ENOUGH 09-26-2002 06:46 PM

onemomoto, I know where you can get a great deal on a 2001 28 Profile Cat. The owner really wants to move this boat. He will have the engine rebuilt to suit or Sell as is. Email me at [email protected] if you are interested.

Fountain38 09-27-2002 08:53 AM

I have a 28 eliminator daytona 2000 with 500's that I would sell. It even has a cabin. Thats something the profile doesn't have. Profile's are nice but the paint is on the boat and the eliminator's paint is in the gelcoat. Just some thoughts:D

Advantage_Rob 09-27-2002 09:14 AM

That nose of the profile is just like my Redline 26, with the extention/return thingy in the front of the tunnel, always a good spot to sit and enjoy a cold one.

Sorry, dont know much about profile cat's, I like the lines, and both you guy's that posted pic's, nice boat's! I would suggest looking into the AMT also, I dont really know much about them either, but they were the buzz at the Miami show last year, with no rubrail, perfect paint, and very solid construction and attention to detail. I haven't heard much on this board about them since, but when I saw them, they really left a lasting impression on me. If your in the market for a cat, look at everything you can. I dont know if the pricing is compareable or not either.

Anybody hear anything else about AMT since miami?