Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Rare and incredible experience ... you won't be shocked YPM was involved (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/337264-rare-incredible-experience-you-wont-shocked-ypm-involved.html)

violation98 05-10-2016 08:02 PM

Rare and incredible experience ... you won't be shocked YPM was involved

After selling my Nor-tech, my search for the next weapon was long and seemingly impossible. I was stuck on finding the right 42 Outerlimits Legacy, or a Hustler 39 Rockit and still remain somewhat in the reality of my budget, which wasn't massive. Impossible. I struggled for months. Then came a chance on a 39 Rockit down in TN owned by a true tenured Hustler owner of many years and several incredible boats... MEANSTREAK. Eric and I started talking. I talked with THUNDERUSONE - Hamrick, who knew him well and the boat well. When he started talking about how badass this boat was and how great of a guy Eric was, I knew I had to take a stab at this boat. After talking to Eric, I realized immediately that his first concern was who I was as a person and what I was going to do with the boat. It wasn't about price, or logistics... he wanted to know who I was and about my family. I was taken back at first, but after realizing how genuine he was it all made sense. He built this boat new and put his heart and soul into it, and he wanted someone to own it that would have the same enjoyment and care to give it. He then told me to call Eddie Young at Young Performance Marine and talk to him about the boat - and that he would tell me every good and bad thing about it. So I emailed Eddie and asked him a few questions. He almost immediately called me up and said he'd rather just talk to me in person. Really? someone in this industry that is crazy busy that wants to talk to me at 7pm at night? We talked for well over an hour about the boat, both good and bad. He was honest, and genuine. I was blown away... I knew I had to buy this boat. Not only for the incredibly clean boat, but for the assurance of knowing I was in good hands with the setup in the boat too.
Eric and I spoke further and worked out a deal. He was more generous than anyone I have ever dealt with on any level. He agreed to keep the boat in heated storage through the remainder of the winter (I live in Maine and couldn't bring the boat back up here in Feb), he offered to help with measurements and more and more pics, and all of my requests which most people would have told me to figure it out when I got there! Finally when the weather broke, we drove down to TN to meet the boat and meet Eric. While I was heading down, Eric took it upon himself to clean the boat and massive trailer from top to bottom. I should also mention that the week prior, he and Eddie went through the boat, changed the engine oil (that had only about 4 hours on it), got the boat up and running, made sure everything was good to go for us to travel back with the trailer, etc.. Oh and switched the Neck on the Gooseneck with another size that would fit our truck that had to be drilled and fabed to work at our truck height... again not charging me... Just because that's how these dudes operate!
Upon arrival I was absolutely blown away at the condition of this boat and the build package as well. It was better than described. Eddie showed up as well (On a Saturday and not asking for a dime) to go over the boat with me, make sure everything was good to go, helped me winterize the engines for the road trip back in cold night conditions, and even spent an hour or so just talking stories and also looking over FULLWHACK's 37 Stiletto that was there too. And if you hadn't figured out what kind of guy Eric was yet... after we winterized the boat, Eric was outback by the transom wiping the boat down, securing all the tie down straps with microfiber towels inbetween, filling the boat with endless accessories - Herring Covers, Prop Carrying Cases, Towels, Lines, Bumpers, Covers, Spare tools, On and on and on... literally everything that was related to the boat. I had already paid him for the boat, and he was still treating it like it was his own for my benefit. I was so blown away by this entire experience. After all of this and further discussion about the boat in our conditions up in Maine, the boost level, and fuel Octane in our area etc... Eddie tells me that he is willing to fly up here to Maine to tune the boat and would like the opportunity to dial it in with our conditions up here.
I really can't say enough about this whole process, about Eric, and about Eddie Young. CLASS ACT - TRUE SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY - AND TRUE GENTLEMEN.
Thank you both so much. It NEVER happens like this. I've owned 7 boats. Nothing has even come close to this experience! I can't wait to do this boat its justice and care for her the way you both have. Oh and to run 130+ mph with my hair on fire :D

Eddie - you have a CUSTOMER FOR LIFE!

Thanks
Rick

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/...w/DSC00020.jpg
http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/...w/DSC00024.jpg
http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/...w/DSC00022.jpg

underpsi68 05-10-2016 08:08 PM

It is really nice for a change to hear such a positive experience. Good luck with your new boat! It is beatiful!!

502ss 05-10-2016 08:15 PM

awesome story Rick and it sure looks like an awesome boat! I can't wait to see and hear her this summer!!

Full Whack 05-10-2016 08:16 PM

I can second everything that was said having been along for the journey, what great people and a great experience to even be a part of as a friend and fellow boater. It's reassuring to know that people like this still exist in this industry, and Eddie has found another customer in me as well.

Justin

SPITFIRE 05-10-2016 10:35 PM

Great to hear the good stuff instead of all the shady dealings in this industry.
Congrats to all involved and thank you for doing the right thing.

teamsynergy 05-11-2016 04:35 AM

Great post! My dealings with Eddie have been minimal but excellent every time!!!

PigNaPoke 05-11-2016 05:53 AM

Doesn't surprise me a bit with Eddie. Congrats on the new boat.

twinscrews 05-11-2016 06:01 AM

Beautiful boat, congrats. Everything you said about Eddie is so true, he just did a complete rebuild on my 525's and they have never run better. With all this exposure Eddie you goin have to get a bigger shop, LOL

kreed 05-11-2016 06:37 AM

Awesome story and AWESOME boat...best of luck with it!

SS930 05-11-2016 06:57 AM

A couple of real class acts right there, very rare in this game! Kudos to both of these gentlemen... :cool: