Gulf coast residents.....

Old 09-26-2002, 11:04 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Gulf coast residents.....

What's the weather like??
Water conditions??
Here in Orlando it's partly cloudy and windy, a steady 16mph and gusting to 24.
Hope you have little or no damage and don't get flooded the storm.
Old 09-26-2002, 11:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ft Myers,

Out for lunch, cloudy, little wind and HOT around 90.

Will
Old 09-26-2002, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Houston - Beautiful! A bit breezy but that's it. Looking to be a perfect weekend. Water was up quiet a bit when I was at Clear Lake last night.
Old 09-26-2002, 12:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Well, the wind is a steady 30mph here and the radio said it was reported to be gusting to about 40mph at the coast. A nice, big, fat tree just fell on someones lincoln navigator here at work...It busted the windshield up and caved the roof in real nice.

Other than that, it's partly cloudy and around 90.

So, what do you think of Lilly??
Old 09-26-2002, 12:40 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The boss (not the wife) and I were looking at Lili's projected path and it looks like she's headed into the Gulf on almost the same track that Isidore took. Only time will tell. I'll be watching the weather fronts to see what effect they may have in Lili.
Was worried about Kyle but he's turning south and looks like he'll stay out at sea.
Hurricanes don't bother me too much. If I lived close to the shore like Dean Ferry and yourself I'd be watching them closely.
I have window pannels made that bolt to the house but only used the once in 14 years.
What we don't like are the possible tornado's that can form. Ever since we had that one that ripped through Kissimmee a few years ago the wife's been paranoid. That storm stopped about 1/2 mile from us. We heard it, but didn't know what it was.

Hope all is well.
Old 09-26-2002, 12:55 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

I went boating yesterday to pick-up my oldest daughter from Satellite Beach and MAN the Banana River had 4-5 Ft. Swells! Ally said that the ride home was more fun than Busch Gardens! We launched the Velocity MANY times on the way home. My boss, (WIFE) says the wind is still blowing on M.I.
As far as Hurricanes are concerned, I would rather have them, instead of earthquakes, I was working in LA in 1994 when the Northridge quake hit! Now, that was scary!
At least with a hurricane, you have advance notice and can pack up! When we thought Hurricane Floyd was going to smack us a couple of years ago, we packed up everything valuable in 12 hours and stayed with family in Orlando. Brought the boat over on the first trip!
MD
Old 09-26-2002, 01:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Right on guys! Buy a 12-pack(or 2 or 3) and watch the action, right?!!

I remember Floyd well, Dean...What a job securing everything and then nothing materialized...Oh well, better safe than sorry.

Iggy, Lilly can do just about anything at this point, there's no telling. The projection yesterday took if off to the East side of FL about 100 miles offshore...This morning they changed their minds and now it's projected on the Gulf Side... Whatever, Like they always say "Them there weather folks don't know nothin' "
Old 09-26-2002, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Daze,

Wasn't it you that said you hated the snow and cold of NY and all that gibberish! I think I would take that ( I happen to love the stuff) over wondering if my house was still going to be there when I get home every other week from all the storms! Had to do it man.
Old 09-26-2002, 01:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Of course it was me that said that...Every chance I get
...And when I've got my boat beached nicely on Shell Key in January working on my tan, I'll be saying it then too!
Old 09-26-2002, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Haven't you heard the surgeon generals warnings! Sun can cause skin cancer! I'm only looking out for your best interests.
I will help keep all the snow bunnies up here warm!

Quick Reply: Gulf coast residents.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.