O/T What is wrong with people?????? >

O/T What is wrong with people??????

Notices

O/T What is wrong with people??????

Old 09-26-2002, 11:10 AM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry O/T What is wrong with people??????

I live in Topeka, KS. I work caddy corner to this Conoco station and check this out.
I was listening to 94.5 this morning and a listener called in and her daughter who is in the ROTC program at school and went into the Conoco at 29& Gage for a pop. The man behind the counter refused to serve her because she was in a military uniform. When she walked out of the door her called her a stupid America *****. Two other listeners called and asked the store if they refuse to serve people in military uniform a female clerk who was there by herself said they do not serve people in military uniform. When they asked why she didn't have an answer. About one week ago a guy in a military uniform filled his car with gas and went in to pay and they refused to serve him and wouldn't let him pay for the gas. After that guy heard today's listener's he went into the Conoco and bought a cup of coffee buy this time there was a male clerk there and he asked him if he was going to refuse to serve him because he had on a military uniform. The guy very angrily said no he never said that. The one in the uniform said he didn't believe him and wanted a refund for his coffee.
The manager at Conoco said the ROTC girl must have had the wrong location and he would like to talk with her. He said he doesn't want to loose any business and it must have just been a misunderstanding!
I have also had a run in with this place about not honoring posted sale prices in their own store.
For those of you that do not know, Topeka is the capital of Kansas. Forbes Field is located here. We have a lot of Military people here all the time. The Air National Guard is there.
Also, when 9/11 happened this Conoco sataion was one of the first here in Topeka to up the gas prices to $5.00 a gallon. They were quickly told to lower them or they will be fined $5000.00 and refund all gas purchases. This is an outrage!
The local news has been parked there all morning. I would not be surpised if it does not make national news by this evening.

Old 09-26-2002, 11:12 AM
283CHECK

I too heard that this am on the way into work, only caught the last bit of it. I hope that if this is correct and the correct location that the place goes out of business tomorrow

Old 09-26-2002, 11:15 AM
Registered

Are the management/employees middle eastern????
Old 09-26-2002, 11:18 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Risk Taker
Are the management/employees middle eastern????
It's a gas station, right? This was a rhetorical question, correct?

Around these parts, there are laws stating that all convenience stores and gas stations must be owned by foreigners.
Old 09-26-2002, 11:18 AM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

I really don't understand. It is really sad. They came to this country to be free, to be Americans, and they pull stuff like this. Makes me really wonder why they came here in the first place. This hits a little to close to home for me, right out side my office window.
Old 09-26-2002, 11:19 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WTF???
Is this guy stupid or what?
Maybe I should ask what nationality he is? Obviously not an American.
With the local press broadcasting, Conoco Corp. will get involved real quick. Maybe even have a change in management.
Keep us posted.
Old 09-26-2002, 11:19 AM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

Yes, all of the employees are middle eastern.
Old 09-26-2002, 11:21 AM
283CHECK

Boatless-
Walk on over there and tell them to GET!!

Old 09-26-2002, 11:22 AM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

I sure will. One of my co workers copied my message into a consumer response page for Conoco.
Old 09-26-2002, 11:22 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs down

The guy behind the counter called an American Service Woman a stupid America ***** !!

Oh Man this Scumbag needs Some attention ! Problem is they have let too Much Rubbish into this Country.

Time to clean the House !

Quick Reply: O/T What is wrong with people??????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.