Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   SBC Blower stroker (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/33736-sbc-blower-stroker.html)

fishead 09-26-2002 11:10 AM

SBC Blower stroker

Okay all you motor gurus,here is my dilemma.I have a 32 Maelstrom cat with Kaama surface drives.Boat weighs 8000lbs.The problem is that I cannot fit Big blocks do to drive placement and were the engines sit.There is only room for small blocks.I am looking for big block torque and HP with a small Block setup.I am assuming I am going to have to use Blowers,and strokers.This is a winter project and want to have the boat ready for the St Patricks day poker run in Savanah that Boater31 is going to put on.Help me out. I am looking for about 550 TQ and 550-600 reliable HP.Reliability is the key word.
Fishead

SummerObsession 09-26-2002 11:12 AM

the words high hp, small blocks, and reliability do not seem to fit together in the same sentence.;)

fishead 09-26-2002 11:16 AM

By the way you can email me personally with your response at [email protected].I will be printing all the info.Does anybody think that the desktop dyno will work?And does anybody have the program to run some Ideas.I am going to use edelbrock aluminum heads 70cc part #6071 and 6 inch H beam rods.

aero-offshore 09-26-2002 03:09 PM

how does 750 reliable hp @ 5300 rpm and 718 fpt @ 4900rpm 383 stroker sound! start with a 4 bolt block have it align bored and honed,clearenced,decked,magna fluxed,and bored .030 over. Use arp studs throught out.Eagle steel crank for a 400 sbc eagle stage 2 rods and je pistons have the assy. balanced. clearence the bearings to .002 and make sure you measure every piston ring I can't remember what the clearence was but its larger for blower motors. Install a windage tray with crank scraper a blue printed high volume pump and a forged pump shaft. 10 qt oil pan and don't use a cheap pickup tube. use a gear drive timming set, Dart pro 1 auminum heads with the 230 cc intakes and duell roller springs they really don't need any porting, felpro head gaskets arp head studs.crane hyd. roller lifters and roller rockers with arp studs and don't forget the rocker gurdle.Com cams small circle hyd. roller cam part# 12-000-8, 281 dur .510 lift intake 288 dur .520 lift exhaust 111 lobe sep. install straight up.and for coup de la gra, call dustin at whipple and order your super charger with 10 psi.Use a 1050 dominator reworked by pro systems here in Muskegon Mi .You will need to upgrade your fuel system to handle 800 hp.use powerflow exhuast or equvilent. any questions ! Buck

Wally 09-26-2002 03:34 PM

Buck, That sounds impressive! Got any pics of that beast???

Clackster 09-26-2002 04:46 PM

I run a Mercury Scorpion 377 Whipple supercharged GM Fastburn aluminun heads, 12lbs. boost in a 24 ft Mannerfelt
est. 680hp
3rd season on complete engine,1st season as supercharged.
reliable rating A-plus
[yes] a 2-bolt main block Lunati internal balanced package straight from Merc.

There is a west coast cat that has a pair @131MPH

cuda 09-26-2002 04:46 PM

I just had to ask aero, if it is so reliable, why the caption under your member name!:D Just kidding.:)

fishead 09-26-2002 08:45 PM

Buck,
That is awesome.I have some aluminum edelbrock heads and carillo 6" H beam rods and would like to use the stuff to cut down on cost.I have to build two of these.That is what I am looking for,when I get home I am going to print it out and use it as a guide.What was you static compression and the pistons you used.And what did this cost you?
Mark

aero-offshore 09-27-2002 04:04 PM

Cuda: It's a bravo snapper,gas howg and sand sucker.and really not to much trouble this year,Ill have to change my title.

Wally: I'll post some on Mon.

Fishead:Sell those heads and buy the darts,these are the trick to making the hp,the ports are so large you can stick a pack of smokes in the intakes! Carilo rods are good, but you can save some cash buying the crank kit with the rods and bearings.Use good pistons, thats part of the reliability. I used JE flat tops mill to gain 7.0:1 comp, remember, the more air you pack the higher the hp. As for cost ,it's not cheap, are you sitting down,about 11,000.00 per if you do the assembly, but if your not sure and don't have the tools,thats to much money to experiment with, and also thats were the reliability comes in.

wannabe 09-28-2002 02:21 PM

Speed-a-motive

a friend of mine says this is the hot tip for stoker kits for sbc's. They make all kinds of kits.

Wannabe