Notices

Center Consoles

Old 05-18-2016, 06:16 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Center Consoles

About to complete a purchase on a 38 Statement with trip 300s.

Here's my observations after going through the process for the past month.

$200k - not one on the market today with warranty over 35'. They are all older and not in very good shape. Nothing fancy if you find a nicer older one (not very good electronics, no seadek, looks plain jane).

High $200s - Seems to be where most of the nice used boats are priced with warranty and over 35'. Several options in this price point.

Low $100k - 33' or less, twins, pretty basic.

High $100k - couldn't find anything that wasn't a fishing boat.

Brands

Mystic - can by a new one for $450k. Have to wait until next summer to get it. Have to put 1/3 down, 1/3 half way and 1/3 on completion. This essentially has to be cash. Can't finance a boat being built. All used (I think there are 2) are ultra custom boats that cost more than a new one you could order and pick out yourself

MTI - big $$$ and not a single used one available. Told by 2 people there is almost a waiting list for a used one.

Statement - One of my personal favorites for a couple of reasons - Good finish, good look, and good price

NorTech - Personally the look is just OK but they seem to be 20-30% higher than Statement for the same boat. I'm sure NorTech owners will say "because they are worth it". Not to me.

Cig - command a hefty price both new and used. The older stuff has high hours and no or little warranty left. The seating arrangements on the older stuff isn't very good. Really nothing 2 -3 years older for sale. No used GTRs for sale just Top Gun Opens.

Sunsation - Good price point especially new. Probably the best value if ordering a new boat. Used, not much for sale except for a mega loaded 400 boat that pushes it over $300k. Still the biggest boat is a 35'.

Just my observations. Interesting to see a boat holding it's value. That's never been the case for me. Market will probably be flooded with good used boats next week when I finish the transaction .

I'm excited about the idea of break down free boating and a vessel capable of running around the Keys and to Bimini at 50-60mph.

Last edited by Orthobam; 05-18-2016 at 06:19 AM.
Old 05-18-2016, 06:37 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

Any pictures?
Old 05-18-2016, 06:42 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Wow, you'll have all the bases covered, what a stable! That's assuming you're keeping both Skaters. Awesome!
Old 05-18-2016, 06:55 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Fountain Options Center Console

Originally Posted by Orthobam
About to complete a purchase on a 38 Statement with trip 300s.

Here's my observations after going through the process for the past month.

$200k - not one on the market today with warranty over 35'. They are all older and not in very good shape. Nothing fancy if you find a nicer older one (not very good electronics, no seadek, looks plain jane).

High $200s - Seems to be where most of the nice used boats are priced with warranty and over 35'. Several options in this price point.

Low $100k - 33' or less, twins, pretty basic.

High $100k - couldn't find anything that wasn't a fishing boat.

Brands

Mystic - can by a new one for $450k. Have to wait until next summer to get it. Have to put 1/3 down, 1/3 half way and 1/3 on completion. This essentially has to be cash. Can't finance a boat being built. All used (I think there are 2) are ultra custom boats that cost more than a new one you could order and pick out yourself

MTI - big $$$ and not a single used one available. Told by 2 people there is almost a waiting list for a used one.

Statement - One of my personal favorites for a couple of reasons - Good finish, good look, and good price

NorTech - Personally the look is just OK but they seem to be 20-30% higher than Statement for the same boat. I'm sure NorTech owners will say "because they are worth it". Not to me.

Cig - command a hefty price both new and used. The older stuff has high hours and no or little warranty left. The seating arrangements on the older stuff isn't very good. Really nothing 2 -3 years older for sale. No used GTRs for sale just Top Gun Opens.

Sunsation - Good price point especially new. Probably the best value if ordering a new boat. Used, not much for sale except for a mega loaded 400 boat that pushes it over $300k. Still the biggest boat is a 35'.

Just my observations. Interesting to see a boat holding it's value. That's never been the case for me. Market will probably be flooded with good used boats next week when I finish the transaction .

I'm excited about the idea of break down free boating and a vessel capable of running around the Keys and to Bimini at 50-60mph.
Bret

I have a 38 fountain with triple 300 merc's and clearly one of my favorite boats. The function and the hull is great,,,,a 70+mph boat
Suggest you contact Brian at
http://www.marker17marine.com/

Last season, I retained Justin ( Waves and Wheels) to put in a new fresh interior,,, and it made it look like a new boat,,,,,
http://wavesandwheels.net/

Keep looking around with some imagination,, you can find what you want for the budget you have

Maybe you can Scuba Dive from it,,,,

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails Center Consoles-img_5810.jpg   Center Consoles-img_5828.jpg   Center Consoles-img_5831.jpg  

Center Consoles-img_5832.jpg   Center Consoles-img_5833.jpg   Center Consoles-img_5843.jpg  

Old 05-18-2016, 07:31 AM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nor tech guy here .. I have a used 39 for sale in the classifieds .. Just took delivery of my new 39 Nortech 400 r boat. Best boat I have ever owned guess that's why I bought a second one. Statement great boat looks nice but it tends to porpose take the two for a ride and you will see why the Nortech is a bit more in price. Better resale too
Old 05-18-2016, 07:48 AM
ben
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

I'm headed down to the keys today to fish and hang out on a buddies 39 Nor-tech, Impressive boats for shure! Haven't rode on a statement but they sure do look nice!
Old 05-18-2016, 08:41 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I rode/drove Mike Landis's Nortech. Very nice boat. They are fast too.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:19 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,123 Likes on 473 Posts

Sounds like you're nearly done on the Statement, great looking boats.

For anyone thinking cc, it's not hard to upgrade a fishing machine to something more social. Admittedly this was all done here in Thailand where workmanship is great and labor is cheap as chips but it was only a basic update, no point spending a fortune on an 8 year old boat.
Replace t-top with SS arch, chop 1' out of the cc cabin height, tidy the dash/electronics, make new seat bases for helm and rear lounge, trim the seats and add some go fast striping.

If one is willing to spend more, decent flooring, more sumptuous seating, anything is possible.

RR
Attached Thumbnails Center Consoles-image.jpeg   Center Consoles-image.jpeg   Center Consoles-image.jpeg  

Center Consoles-image.jpeg  
Old 05-18-2016, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bret i guess you started liking enough people to get a center console LMAO. They are great and practical boats. We have had many different CC and for us it's must boat besides the Skater. Just purchased a Yellowfin.
Old 05-18-2016, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rak rua
Sounds like you're nearly done on the Statement, great looking boats.

For anyone thinking cc, it's not hard to upgrade a fishing machine to something more social. Admittedly this was all done here in Thailand where workmanship is great and labor is cheap as chips but it was only a basic update, no point spending a fortune on an 8 year old boat.
Replace t-top with SS arch, chop 1' out of the cc cabin height, tidy the dash/electronics, make new seat bases for helm and rear lounge, trim the seats and add some go fast striping.

If one is willing to spend more, decent flooring, more sumptuous seating, anything is possible.

RR
Nice job RAK !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.