Notices

Anyone Know This Boat?

Old 09-28-2002, 07:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we are trying to make sure the boat is set up right it has two left hand three blade props and one right hand four blade they are soinning out and the center motor is set up higher than the outside motors
it just seems like the boat should be faster than what it is
any suggestions?
Old 09-29-2002, 11:00 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts
Lightbulb

How fast is it? It sould probably run 90-100?
Old 09-29-2002, 05:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know that boat personaly, That boat was Eddy T's boat it was called tilt back in the day! The only problem with that boat was it was 5700lbs with no motor's when it left the factory it's just to FAT to FLY it needs to be light to run with those old 2.4's if it had new 300 max's it would make that boat run some decent speed's it probably rides great! either up grade the motor's or strip it and put in a pair of superchared big block's!!
Old 09-29-2002, 05:58 PM
Registered

Forgot!! Best I seen that boat run was 78 on yhe GPS on a rough day that's what that boat liked best to air it out! If you like I can hook ya up with the oringinal owner let me know. Spark.
Old 09-30-2002, 06:19 PM
Registered

ViciousOne
That would be great if you could hook me up with the previous owner I drove the boat right after he got it and i figured it was running right at 80 It seems like it is heavy for an outboard boat
Old 09-30-2002, 06:44 PM
Racer
Racer

Lightbulb

Wow
80 is SLOOOOWWWW! 5700# does sound heavy. Thats about what the triple ob race boats are weighng out at at the end of the races now. The boat probably needs some set up work on it. does it have jackplates, low water pickups , etc. it sure seems like it should do at least 90. One of the best OB set up guys around is John Vanderstel in St Cloud Fl. He worked at Lake X for like 20 years but now has his own shop called Offshore Concepts. If you realley wanna gwt that thing to RUN give him some time to set it up for you.
Old 09-30-2002, 06:55 PM
MoneyShot

My **** box will run 91 after I pull the the middle motor out, that boat needs some set-up.

Old 09-30-2002, 07:13 PM
Registered

That boat has had a couple of owners since Eddy Trakien I will E-mail you his numbers after I call him tommorrow!
Old 10-01-2002, 04:45 PM
Registered

the boat has stainless marine set backs on it the motors are back over a foot and it looks like they have been moved around the outside motors have low water pickups on the boat the center one doesn't
the props are two left 28 cleaver 3 blades and one right 28 cleaver 4 blade that was until we broke the propshaft and lost the four blade so the testing is on hold right now
the outside motors where spinning 6400 rpm and the center was 6200 rpm

it's my friends boat and he wants me to help him to figure the set up out
Old 10-01-2002, 06:29 PM
Racer
Racer

Lightbulb

IF this boat will run Big John can get it there. He is about 10 miles from lake x and all the props you could ever dream of trying. I am not sure but you choice of rotation doesn't seem right, but I could be wrong. Offshore Concepts number is 407-891-8900 bring the boat to Fla for a vacation and leave with it set up.

Quick Reply: Anyone Know This Boat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.