Notices

Donzi 22zx Hull worth?

Old 06-03-2016, 01:40 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by TBAG
Sitting uncovered with water in bilge like that I can guarantee it will need a transom, stringers, floor. Just walk away.........
Sad but true. Stuff growing in the bilge is all I had to see. The boat is rotted and done.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did a full rebuild once....boat had 3 inches of moss growing in it when I started. I had to gut it to the bare hull.

I did everything, stringers, floor, transom, built the seats and hatch. Engine and drive and had it completely re-upholstered. This was only in a 21ft. It took me 3 years to get it done and that was when I was single and worked on it consistently.

I actually appreciate how much that boat taught me about everything from wiring to fiberglass. It took a lot more $$$ and time than I planned but I got a ton out of the experience. That being said I certainly wouldnt do it again....but if you have the ambition...I cant fault you for it.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:50 PM
Registered

thanks guys! gonna let my uncle know he needs to junk it.

I just needed a little more info on what could be wrong. I was just thinking a engine and some electrical and elbow grease could work.

Thank you for taking the time to explain what all bad could be with it.

The rotting and such I didn't know could happen. Ill be the first to admit I don't know. But having it explained adds to my knowledge base. Now I know these things are possible and what else to look for and think about while looking at a boat.

I wasn't trying to be smug. just wanted more knowledge.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:51 PM
Registered

i was thinking a used engine would be the most of my worries. but once you started talking about soggy hull and such i get it.

Last edited by alex59195; 06-03-2016 at 02:05 PM.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wasted Income
You are assuming that the stringers, transom, and floors are not wet/soft. That's a huge assumption based on the fact that it looks like its been sitting out uncovered, and with a bilge full of water.

Add a bravo drive at $3-6k, prop at $400-500, upholstery, hatch, hatch ram/pump, trim pump/rams, all new switches, batteries, etc etc.

There's a LOT of experience that you're tapping into on this forum, and they're all telling you to punt. Take heed.

This is what i was wanting.

I didn't think about the stringers, transom, and floors being a issue, i didn't even know what that stuff was till i googled it.

but yea, i agree I'm not gonna touch it with a 10 foot pole.
Old 06-03-2016, 02:16 PM
Registered

The worst part is the fact that it's full of water and the transom, stringers, floors and bulkheads are probably rotten.
Old 06-03-2016, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How much were you planning to spend on this project? Maybe through the power of OSO we can find you a turn-key boat for that price range?
Old 06-03-2016, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Where is it located. If he is gonna junk it and it's close I may take it off of his hands.

Last edited by DBleil89; 06-03-2016 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Didn't read it all
Old 06-04-2016, 07:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 315duramax
professionally removed? lol
Without using a sawzall