Notices

Trim pump differences

Old 06-03-2016, 01:56 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trim pump differences

I have a couple of trim pumps left over from my boating days and I want to use one of them for a hydraulic project. I know that Merc made the trim pumps in two different versions. One a High Pressure, Low Flow and the other a Low Pressure, High Flow. I suspect these might be the same pumps and the relief is simply adjusted differently. That said, I'm not certain of this. I also don't know what pressures the pump puts out. I suspect I need the high pressure version for my project, but I truly don't know what pressure the low pressure is capable of producing. I also don't know if that pressure can be adjusted or how to adjust it. Of course, Merc couldn't help so I was wondering if maybe a board member would know this stuff?
Old 06-03-2016, 03:34 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 941 Likes on 472 Posts

Tim, go here: http://www.ta-group.at/dokus/service...avo_drives.pdf
and look at section 5
that should give you what you need

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 06-03-2016, 03:50 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Wally! Long time no see! How's the house, job, boat project?
Old 06-07-2016, 12:54 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,816 Likes on 904 Posts

Look who came back to visit
Old 06-07-2016, 07:41 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Yea, I can't believe they didn't cancel my account or something!
Old 06-07-2016, 08:00 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,816 Likes on 904 Posts

Charter Member is foreverrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope all is well.
Old 06-07-2016, 11:57 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Holy hell!! I had to read the post a few times to make sure I wasn't seeing things when I saw who posted it.

How's everything going Tim? Don't be a stranger.

By the way, no one cares about the pumps in case you haven't figured that out already. :-)
Old 06-08-2016, 08:17 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Bucky! Things have been getting better. My back went out and I ended up having surgery so I could walk. Knowing the market value was headed down I was set to buy a new house and we had already closed on our old place when I got laid off. Company that I was working for had lied to me and the mortgage company. That means we were without a home because our income was halved. To give me something to do we bought a dilapidated house with our cash equity and I set to remodeling it. Project was turning out really nice, was an asset to the neighborhood and I was doing the job by the book. However, the city had a bias against a home owner remodeling their own house and threw everything they could at us. I powered through all their BS but when I went for my final inspections they red tagged me and refused to move forward. After wasting a bunch of money on attorneys I gave up and sold the house for a $50,000 loss. Lost all my equity too. That debt then went onto the credit cards. Around this time our relationship hit a low and we were always arguing. I got a job, we bought a new place, borrowed a bucket of money from my mom and got it fixed up really nice. We've been working on the card debt from the house sale and only have a couple grand of the original $50k debt left. Next week, I start a new job at a really good firm. Their offer to me was for $25k more than what I'm currently making and 30 days of vacation. WhooHooo! Relationship has been repairing it's self and we now have a plan to get the last of these debts paid off in the next 3 years. In three years things will be looking really good. Might even have some disposable income where I could afford a toy like a boat. Definitely can see the light at the end of the tunnel and this time it's not an approaching train.

Last edited by Cord; 06-08-2016 at 08:20 AM.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:59 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 941 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by Cord
Wally! Long time no see! How's the house, job, boat project?
Yeah Tim...been a long time...i still get an occasional spam mail from you through! LOL
House is good...never did the addition you mocked up for us as it just didn't make sense financially for us at the time...then we got flooded when it dumped 7" inside of 4hrs!! my house was an island...water all the way around it! Had a 2" water line at the garage door in back if you remember what my house looks like. 18" of water in the basement.....could have been worse as the neighbor next door had an outside entry door to the basement that was torn out of the frame and all the water in the neighborhood went into his house!! He had 6' of water!!
Job is steady is all i can say...as long as the checks keep clearing, i keep showing up
Boat project is SLOOOOOOWLY moving along......i too can actually see a light now....if all my ducks stay in the line they are currently swimming i am actually hoping to hit the water this year...fingers crossed!!

He Tim was the house you speak of that the town was giving you grief about, that the same one that was in danger of flooding as well a number of years back from a local river? either way that sucks!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 06-08-2016, 01:09 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

The one on the river is the house that we had sold. We liked being on the water, but the house couldn't be expanded and it had become too small for us. Here's the new house: https://goo.gl/maps/s5hDxYmrfJS2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.